Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russian Federation
guys I have a question:
Will Maemo 6 be available for nokia n900 also?
Will we be able to update the OS?

Originally Posted by artem View Post
guys I have a question:
Will Maemo 6 be available for nokia n900 also?
Will we be able to update the OS?
Knowing Nokia it is very unlikely.

from the pic it looks very much like a s60 device, the menu key next to the green n red call keys give it away, both n97s had the same style/keys.

There was pics of the device in here http://www.buzztracker.com/story/689...9e3f3deb/nokia
Phone arena already had the news too, but all the sites have removed the pics(or the whole page)... real thing?
12MP camera, Xenon flash and flip protector with a 3.9 inch WVGA AMOLED display

Hoping that somebody got the pics saved.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-01-08 at 14:35.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
Some new specs:

- ARM Cortex A8 @ 600 MHz
- 256 MB RAM
- 32/16 GB memory (no MicroSD)
- Scratch resistant 3.7" AMOLED capacitive screen
- 12.1 MPx main camera with Carl Zeiss optics, UltraXenon (?!?) flash and IR for night vision (?!?)
- VGA front camera
- Stereo speakers
- 3.5 mm audio jack

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6d2zCjeL4w

This is getting interesting...
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin

The Following User Says Thank You to gecebekcisi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
I'm guessing we will find out next month during MWC, Nokia are holding there own event this year touching distance from MWC at same time.
http://events.nokia.com/mwc/

lets hope for some maemo news too as at these events nokia are known to announce products still 6 months from release

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-01-16 at 05:25.

Isn't the N## Symbian platform and not maemo platform?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Isn't the N## Symbian platform and not maemo platform?
It was, but not much unused numbers left now (99, 98, 89, 88, 87 and I don't think they'll use below 70) and it's uncertain how Nokia will go on.

I also guess C series could be used for next Maemo devices, so Symbian can shift to Nxxx.

PS: I tried to change the title but I was unsuccessful. I hope someone with privilege notices and changes it to "Next possible flagship Nokia device: N87 12MP", as it'd be more relevant.
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin