Active Topics

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland

Last edited by joppu; 2009-12-02 at 18:22.

Specs are half true , and half false.

this didnt leak today !!! it leaked on Nov 22 by a Nokia employee..

No doubt there is 12mpx phone cooking inside Nokia, but making the flagship camera phone Maemo...no, not yet.

Screen size and camera part sound much more like Symbian, but then we have a problem with the resolution. Thought Eldar Murtazing from Mobile-review.com did mention that Nokia got two capacitive and OMAP3 based Symbian devices coming in near future.
For now i think these specs are just fake.

Originally Posted by naabi View Post
Hmmm... I do believe one of the Symbians biggest problems has been its incapability to adapt to new resolutions.
There's no fixed resolution for Symbian.

Looking at models from the last 2 or 3 years, the Nokia E90 has a resolution of 800x352, most Symbians use 240x320, the 5500 Sport used 208x208, some use 416x352...

Screen size and camera part sound much more like Symbian, but then we have a problem with the resolution.
E90 is Symbian and runs at 800x352, that's almost the same as 800x480.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
I don't think so.. It would be very un-nokia like to come out with a 12 mp phone with xenon AND dual led, first of all they like to take very small leaps when it comes to cameras (notice how they've been stuck on the 5mp front for almost two years now), so if anything this would be an 8 mp camera.
Another thing is nokia does not seem to like xenon.. No one knows why..
Other than that- it makes no sense to put xenon and dual led on the same device.. Yes, I know you could use them for different things. No, it still makes no sense for nokia to waste money on two things that do the same thing.

Those are my two cents.

Plus- Call me crazy, but why would you put multimedia keys on a touchscreen phone? Making the mechanism costs you money, you take the risk of lowering the product's build quality, AND you make it thicker.. And no one seems to like thick phones these days (no one but us, I guess).
Also look at the design.. Looks too much like the n97.. It looks like someone is trying to make us think it's a real phone by emulating a phone that's already there.. But it's unlikely that nokia would do such a thing because a camera phone has an entirely different image than the n97.. Should look snappy and young, and in no way remind you of the n97...
So.. Uhh.. In one word..
No.

Last edited by late666; 2009-12-09 at 18:36.

Originally Posted by late666 View Post
I don't think so.. It would be very un-nokia like to come out with a 12 mp phone with xenon AND dual led, first of all they like to take very small leaps when it comes to cameras (notice how they've been stuck on the 5mp front for almost two years now), so if anything this would be an 8 mp camera.
They already have an 8mp cameraphone, the N86.

Yup, it is very strange. they put it on the N82 and the 6220 (both Symbian devices) and it worked fine on them. Quite why they dropped it after that is a mystery.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Hi, the Harmattan forum is about Harmattan. The discussion about devices goes somewhere else. General is the best forum for especulative device discsions like this one. Can someone please move it? Thank you!

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
They already have an 8mp cameraphone, the N86.
Exectly, and they're going to stick with it for a while if you ask me..

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Looks like it slides the wrong way.. no physical qwerty keyboard?

Also the buttons looks alot like its meant for symbian.. n97 anyone? :P

edit: btw the youtube video showing that drawing has been pulled from youtube due to copyright from nokia.... ^^

Last edited by mthmob; 2009-12-10 at 11:03.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by late666 View Post
Other than that- it makes no sense to put xenon and dual led on the same device.. Yes, I know you could use them for different things. No, it still makes no sense for nokia to waste money on two things that do the same thing.

Those are my two cents.

Plus- Call me crazy, but why would you put multimedia keys on a touchscreen phone? Making the mechanism costs you money, you take the risk of lowering the product's build quality, AND you make it thicker.. And no one seems to like thick phones these days (no one but us, I guess).
Also look at the design.. Looks too much like the n97.. It looks like someone is trying to make us think it's a real phone by emulating a phone that's already there.. But it's unlikely that nokia would do such a thing because a camera phone has an entirely different image than the n97.. Should look snappy and young, and in no way remind you of the n97...
So.. Uhh.. In one word..
No.
Well they did announce recently about streamlining their smartphone portfolio.