Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
Select non-provisionable device. You should then be able to choose whatever auto lock frequency you want or disable it all together
Yes, it seems that the Finnish translation has been done for n00bs :-) so perfect for me...

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
whats unstable with BT!?
Changing from the E6 to the N9 I've found the N9's bluetooth signal to be much weaker and it cuts out a lot whereas my E6 has almost no connection problems. I really hope it's a software issue. Maybe the radio is under powered and can be boosted via hack like fmtx on the N900?

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
I havs no swype. Do i have enable it? i have 20.2011.40-4_-pr_005

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
go to settings, time and language, text input.. enable swype.

enter somewhere that brings up vkb. swipe cross the vkb to enable swype vkb.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by slai View Post
go to settings, time and language, text input.. enable swype.

enter somewhere that brings up vkb. swipe cross the vkb to enable swype vkb.
lame place to put the keyboard settings.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by strank View Post
Updated to PR1.1, no problems at all, everything working nicely, swype is great, overall improved snappiness.

One gripe though, which is to my mind a regression:

Scrolling in the default browser and the document/pdf viewer - in PR1.0 the scroll direction was constrained to horizontal/vertical if you did not veer too much from that direction - in PR1.1 it seems to be always unconstrained.

Can someone confirm?

I'd like to have the constraint back, as it's very useful for reading when zoomed in to a column of text!
The constraint is still there for me. On the other hand I prefer microb's behaviour on the N900. The constraint was there for small direction differences but if you deliberately swiped to the left or right even if you have been swiping up and down for some time (in the same stroke) the constraint was lifted and you could go anywhere. More like smoothing the motion than constraining on a track. Try it and you will see that it went unnoticed but it was really ingenious.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
lame place to put the keyboard settings.
Only other place id see it fitting is in its own category called "input". Which imo would make full on sense .

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
The Phone Book Access Profile of Bluetooth is much improved in PR1.1. I have Nissan Connect in my car, and previously I could only see a list of phone numbers when I downloaded the phone book, but now I see 'Last Name, First Name' reliably for everyone.
This is even better than the N900 with newer bluez libraries copied over, which I was using before. That randomly stored some people as 'First Name Last Name'.

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I noticed that before 1.1 when you tried to swipe the home screen from outside nothing happened. Now it just changes view, the same that happens when you swipe from the inside

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by strank View Post
Updated to PR1.1, no problems at all, everything working nicely, swype is great, overall improved snappiness.

One gripe though, which is to my mind a regression:

Scrolling in the default browser and the document/pdf viewer - in PR1.0 the scroll direction was constrained to horizontal/vertical if you did not veer too much from that direction - in PR1.1 it seems to be always unconstrained.

Can someone confirm?

I'd like to have the constraint back, as it's very useful for reading when zoomed in to a column of text!
Yes, same thing. N9 PR1.1 has broke nice scrolling in pdf. Also It will be nice to have 'back' button to be able to return to contents.