Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I was reminded of this thread about the missing apps around the N900... and upon reading a huge part of that thread it hit me...

Will this thread end like that one where a lot of those apps, ideas and notions won't change a thing?

Not being negative; it just brings forth the question of why this is being asked, what will come of it and ultimately why hasn't this been done before the N9 even came out?
as i see the page is not updated after few answers already

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
There are 180 million customers out there with a Nokia device with Qt inside, and there is a statement from Nokia saying that Qt is at the core of its Next Billion strategy.
Thanks quim, I will stick to the world around Qt. Whatever Company or Platform will use it as their main framework... I just uploaded my next application to ovi and I hope the most developers from the maemo/MeeGo world will do this, too.

But since I only develop for devices I'm personally own and using I hope the next billion strategy contains devices which fulfils my personal needs. The N9 64GB is currently on the lowest level from the hardware side. I'm already carrying 50GB data every day with me. *keepingFingerCrossed*

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
as i see the page is not updated after few answers already
Because the page doesn't update itself, someone has to do it (in my first post I recommended the wiki as first option).

My time today flew away in maemo.org continuity discussions + Qt 5 Alpha work. Tomorrow and Wednesday I'll be in Linux Collaboration Summit, quite afk.

You know the adagio: "It's a wiki, anybody can edit it".

But if nobody does, I'll go.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Something like VLINGO would be great. I used it a lot on my E7, especially when walking on the street and looking down and typing wasn't the best way to get a quick text out. Walking and just speaking into the phone "Text James Smith, Message, Don't worry I'm on my way" was just superb.

I know there is that Quick Voice Keyboard app, but it is not the same as the example I mention, and on the occasions I've tried it, it just doesn't work.

So, VLINGO. Not exactly Siri, but it would be a big step forward

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Saint-Petersburg, Russia
* [libreoffice.org LibreOffice]
** Office sute
** Document .odt & .doc editing and data managing.
** Don't know on N9 what app doing this.
** Unspecific brand

* [http://www.ubuntu.com/cloud/services Ubutu One Client]
** Ubuntu One N9 Client
** ubuntu.com brand specific

P.S.: Clock indicator (with seconds) in Nokia Drive application.

P.P.S:Skype video call support is meaningful for me and does not present in standard N9!

P.P.P.S.: Flash player support in standard N9 browser.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to corbas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
too much. Lol. Be realistic. Love my n9 for the swipe thing

Ion Road

*[http://www.ionroad.com/] Personal Driving Assistant
** Smart Phone, Smarter Driver

This lets you put your phone up on your dashboard and watch the traffic for you and can kick out warnings if you're getting too close to things, etc.

Looks pretty cool.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
MaStory
Available for the N900
Useful because of the Blogger integration

Why do I have a feeling that this whole this is only going to show fruits to Windows division of Nokia? MSFT had a leaked presentation about identifying the popular apps, is this some kind of survey that we general users are unaware of.
I read and do understand what Quim posted few posts back about how this might help but I still cannot see how N9 would benefit from this? Maybe Meltemi (next billion), and we have seen how well code once deploy everywhere worked as the count for Maemo and Meego apps went.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Something like VLINGO would be great. I used it a lot on my E7, especially when walking on the street and looking down and typing wasn't the best way to get a quick text out. Walking and just speaking into the phone "Text James Smith, Message, Don't worry I'm on my way" was just superb.

I know there is that Quick Voice Keyboard app, but it is not the same as the example I mention, and on the occasions I've tried it, it just doesn't work.

So, VLINGO. Not exactly Siri, but it would be a big step forward
This quick voice reader? Where can I find it? Doesn't seem to be in the store.