Notices

Installing from extras-devel worked for me. Thanks

I had this same problem, i uninstalled then re-installed the plugins. It didn't mention it, but I also had to reboot to get the account setup to actually work the way it was supposed to (I couldn't get past "signing in").

i fixed the problem by installing this package from extras-testing: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...hy-extras/0.8/

a reboot was required.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ manila
thanks for the suggestions guys. Anybody else tried installing the package from extras-testing? I'm having 2nd thoughts about installing it while it's still there. But if that's the only way to get YM back, then I guess I have to.

i had no problems since installing it. in any case, it's better than to install from extras-devel...

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Pune, India
Just found a bug here. While editing my Yahoo account to update the profile picture and screen name the Port numbers in the Advanced section are updated with garbage values. Editing them to have the default value (Port: 5050 and Xref Port: 80) worked for me.

-Debjit

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debjitbis08 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Hey! debjitbis08's solution worked perfectly!

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nigeria
Hi debjitbis08,

what i have in my configuration are (Server: scsa.msg.yahoo.com, Port: 5050, Xfer Host: filetransfer.meg.yahoo.com, Xfer Port: 80, Room List Locale: us, Charset: UTF-8)

It doesnot still work. Kindly assist...

Thanks in advance

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Pondokgede, Indonesia
Originally Posted by debjitbis08 View Post
Just found a bug here. While editing my Yahoo account to update the profile picture and screen name the Port numbers in the Advanced section are updated with garbage values. Editing them to have the default value (Port: 5050 and Xref Port: 80) worked for me.

-Debjit
confirming, still works in 2013