Active Topics

Notices

First of all, wow! We anticipated requests for level editor but didn't quite expect the users to put effort to reverse engineer their own. It's very nice to see the level of interest Angry Birds has received from the Maemo community.

As for any possible legal issues no worries, go for it!

On the other hand, we do have had discussions about our own level editor too but no concrete plans have been made yet. And because of that unfortunately I can't promise you any support currently.

If you have any suggestions regarding the level editor or Angry Birds in general we're all ears.

The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Miika the only suggestion I have is make more worlds fast :-)

Also it would be awesome to have an online leader board that you could access from the game, so you can see how well you do on each level in comparison to others playing the game :-)

My Blog

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stobbsc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
anyone else thinking of LBP style? i think a level editor/creator would go down a storm. having it for the n900 and your desktop would make it easier for the fiddely bits where you need a large screen. but i like the idea of an online leader bird.

imagine playing against each other trying to know the others person's castle down :P

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia/Bratislava
Thanks Miika, that means green light for me to decompile the level files I guess, so I will be looking into it this weekend, if someone does know some lua internals(involving decompilation), send me a message.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to forcer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
anyone else thinking of LBP style? i think a level editor/creator would go down a storm. having it for the n900 and your desktop would make it easier for the fiddely bits where you need a large screen. but i like the idea of an online leader bird.

imagine playing against each other trying to know the others person's castle down :P
that would be awesome.. reminds me somehow on the oldschool classic game "ballerburg".. but a deluxe version !

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by aniMAL_ View Post
It would be illegal unless Rovio gave you permission or they released an SDK themselves which is unlikely if they can continue to make a small, but steady stream of money from level packs.
Really? Why? DMCA?
It's not illegal to reverse engineer everywhere and it's not illegal to make add-ons for a software...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
Really? Why? DMCA?
Not everyone is in the US.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
well ive asked them few months ago and they said more levels and level editor are coming

The Following User Says Thank You to uberballo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
First of all, wow! We anticipated requests for level editor but didn't quite expect the users to put effort to reverse engineer their own. It's very nice to see the level of interest Angry Birds has received from the Maemo community.

As for any possible legal issues no worries, go for it!

On the other hand, we do have had discussions about our own level editor too but no concrete plans have been made yet. And because of that unfortunately I can't promise you any support currently.

If you have any suggestions regarding the level editor or Angry Birds in general we're all ears.
off-topic.. do you have any idea when ovi will add the level pack 1 back into the app store?

Please someone make the "angry tuxs!" ^_^

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tousisd For This Useful Post:

Tags
angry birds, level editor