Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Ok again im not sure who if anyone is interested.
but ive created a blank level. (well its got 1 red bird on it. and that cause the catapult is placed relative to the Birds position.) The level completes rigth away but it migth help people see what an empty level looks like.There maybe more stuff that could be removed but its fairly bare

You can change through the 3 themes by changedint theme to theme1, theme2 or theme3, theme4 crashes so must only be 3 implemented.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Empty_level.txt (1.3 KB, 236 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
Yes in theory that would be possible. However, since we don't have a pre-existing store already it would be near impossible to come up with one from scratch in this kind of time frame. And some kind of an adhoc store like paypaling the money and sending the pkg back in email would just be a way too big of an hassle.
Well... I've shown some iPhone users Angry Birds on my N900 and they went and bought it straight away on their iPhones, so you've made some indirect money via the N900 already, even if it's only a few people

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
@Thor

Same situation here, 3 of my buddys bought angry birds after seeing it on my n900, i didnt tell them it cost me £3 and them 59p though!

hats off to rovio though, fantastic game

CH

Last edited by Cartoon_Head; 2010-01-25 at 11:14.

Ok here another level. 3littlepigs. Again its a 1 bird level

It consists of 1 red bird
3 small ground blocks. with 3 larger ground blocks on top.
Sitting on each block is a helmet pig.

so if your trying to work on your own stuff notice that fo each of the pillars the X co-ord is the same 41,49 and 57

gotta knock all 3 helmet pigs out with one shot.
If is any one is paying attention it would be nice to know,and if anyones installing these as i go. feed back is most welcome. to easy? im guessing but comments please
Attached Files
File Type: txt 3littlepigs.txt (7.5 KB, 226 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
here another level in my 1 bird puzzles. i think this ones a little tricker
Attached Files
File Type: txt Through_wall.txt (11.7 KB, 198 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
here another level in my 1 bird puzzles. i think this ones a little tricker
At this rate we'll be able to release a cgarvie theme 2 and 3 pack before the level editor is even half finished ;D

Originally Posted by t7g View Post
At this rate we'll be able to release a cgarvie theme 2 and 3 pack before the level editor is even half finished ;D
well ive not had any feed back. so i dont even know if any ones tried them out.

That last one only took me an hour to do. So if i can think of a few more ideas im gonna do it for me anyway.

the first one probably could do with some more work. but i think the 3 little pigs is ok if a tad easy and the through the wall takes me about as many attempts as the tricky official levels

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
well ive not had any feed back. so i dont even know if any ones tried them out.

That last one only took me an hour to do. So if i can think of a few more ideas im gonna do it for me anyway.
Thank you for all your hard work.

I just tried Through_wall and omg, I got it in my very first go!
(Got 15330 points. I think it's impossible to get any higher.)

Very nice. Maybe you can create 21 levels and make it a pack!
(Even name the files the same as the original lua files so it's a simple copy over. hehe)

Anyways. It's great to see new levels popping up!

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-01-24 at 04:00.

I want to try them. Is it possible to use them not instead of current level but additional? I don't have the level pack installed. I have created /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2 directory, placed Through_wall.txt and 3littlepigs.txt in there and renamed them to level34.lua and level52.lua and changed the theme line in the two files from theme1 to theme2 but I cannot find theme2 when I start Angry Birds.
How can I use your custom level as theme2 instead of theme1 levels when I don't have the level pack installed?
Thanks

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Thank you for all your hard work.

I just tried Through_wall and omg, I got it in my very first go!
(Got 15330 points. I think it's impossible to get any higher.)

Very nice. Maybe you can create 21 levels and make it a pack!
(Even name the files the same as the original lua files so it's a simple copy over. hehe)

Anyways. It's great to see new levels popping up!
man i cant belive you did it first time.
as for highscore. it may be that the highscore is that of what ever level was there previously. i havnt worked out how to make my level score independant from the one it replaces.

however i am working on packageing them up as level 2 stuff. but that will interfere with the real level 2 when you upgrade. cant see a way round it at moment

Tags
angry birds, level editor