Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by t7g View Post
I believe for the n900 version they switched up the level orders a bit?

0067B4 01850500 [023] loadk 20 22 ; "Level23"
0067B8 41C50500 [024] loadk 21 23 ; "Level44"
0067BC 81050600 [025] loadk 22 24 ; "Level52"
0067C0 C1450600 [026] loadk 23 25 ; "Level34"
0067C4 01860600 [027] loadk 24 26 ; "Level42"
0067C8 41C60600 [028] loadk 25 27 ; "Level24"
0067CC 81060700 [029] loadk 26 28 ; "Level88"
0067D0 C1460700 [030] loadk 27 29 ; "Level36"
0067D4 01870700 [031] loadk 28 30 ; "Level31"
0067D8 41C70700 [032] loadk 29 31 ; "Level21"
0067DC 81070800 [033] loadk 30 32 ; "Level41"
0067E0 C1470800 [034] loadk 31 33 ; "Level76"
0067E4 01880800 [035] loadk 32 34 ; "Level38"
0067E8 41C80800 [036] loadk 33 35 ; "Level35"
0067EC 81080900 [037] loadk 34 36 ; "Level20"
0067F0 C1480900 [038] loadk 35 37 ; "Level26"
0067F4 01890900 [039] loadk 36 38 ; "Level66"
0067F8 41C90900 [040] loadk 37 39 ; "Level85"
0067FC 81090A00 [041] loadk 38 40 ; "Level27"
006800 C1490A00 [042] loadk 39 41 ; "Level32"
006804 018A0A00 [043] loadk 40 42 ; "Level72"

Also, I suppose I should mention that if you don't want to destroy your Angrybirds original levels you can simply copy your Level1.lua as every single one of those file names and then add them to another directory called pack2 or pack3. (hell if I know which) They'll appear in the menu as if they were the expansion levels and you won't have to trash your original ones, just make sure to edit whichever level files correlate with the second and third stages.
i tried copying the next 21 levels to pack2 but nothing happening. Still it is cool to be able to edit levels. even if im only doing vasic changes

Ok dont know if anyone care but here some info ive gathered

+x is to the right
+y is DOWN

The catapult is placed relative to the first birds starting position
Thus if you give your first bird a -ve y co-ord its in the air and the catapult will be higher up.

changing bird order is easy as it just changing there start_number
I have also managed to swap a pig and a small square ligth block on level 12
by swaping there y co-ords as there x was more or less the same

i havnt made head wau with things like density yet, but im trying

The Following User Says Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
Just remember that by modifying the levels or poking around in other pack directories there is a high probability that you either end up corrupting your highscore or settings file or breaking installation of official level packs.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
Just remember that by modifying the levels or poking around in other pack directories there is a high probability that you either end up corrupting your highscore or settings file or breaking installation of official level packs.
Hearing that loud and clear.
Ive only played around with 1 level for that reason, but im not to worried about highscore data.

So far no trouble ,but its worth the rist for the fun im having :-)

I'll be buying the extra levels when they appear as i really appreciate the openness. being about F.. around with the levels is almost as much fun as the game

Originally Posted by Miika View Post
Yes, you will probably break the installation of the official level packs if you follow my directions for the pack2 thing.

Actually cg, what I did was copy Level1.lua, to _all_ the filenames in the gamelogic.lua. So my pack1/ contains all the levels that the game could possibly be looking for. I then took that directory and copied it to pack2 _and_ pack3. Since I didn't have the retail version and I didn't know how far to go.

All you'd have to do to fix this to buy the retail levels (If/when they're available again) is to delete your pack2 and pack3 directories (or move them somewhere else - This is of course me assuming that the levels in pack1 that are in themes 2 and 3 will not be loaded from pack1)

After looking at the gamelogic Chunkspy dump yesterday it doesn't appear that anything is missing from the demo except the level scripts for themes 2 and 3.

(I hope this doesn't encourage a re-release with that fixed)

by the way cg, do you hang out in any of the #maemo irc channels at all? I was thinking of starting an angrybirds level editing channel on freenode or efnet or something. I think the only people who would visit would be you and forcer so I haven't gotten around to makin' one yet.

Last edited by t7g; 2010-01-22 at 15:10.

Ok here a level i created. Its, more a proof to myself.

Single bird case. Called Up_and_over

basically in order to use it ive been moving one of the levels aside and copied my level in its place. (it makes no attempt to do anything with highscores, so you keep the high score of that level, or increase it if you do better)

I dont accept responsibility for any problems you encounter but will help if i can.

I hope to try some more, and hopefully harder ones, as its quite easy, so if people are interested. do let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: txt AB_up_and_over.txt (16.5 KB, 532 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
Yes, you will probably break the installation of the official level packs if you follow my directions for the pack2 thing.

Actually cg, what I did was copy Level1.lua, to _all_ the filenames in the gamelogic.lua. So my pack1/ contains all the levels that the game could possibly be looking for. I then took that directory and copied it to pack2 _and_ pack3. Since I didn't have the retail version and I didn't know how far to go.

All you'd have to do to fix this to buy the retail levels (If/when they're available again) is to delete your pack2 and pack3 directories (or move them somewhere else - This is of course me assuming that the levels in pack1 that are in themes 2 and 3 will not be loaded from pack1)

After looking at the gamelogic Chunkspy dump yesterday it doesn't appear that anything is missing from the demo except the level scripts for themes 2 and 3.
ahh i didnt know abot the game logic one, must decompile and look at that. as it would be good to create a fake pack so as not to trash the orig scores

wow this thread is awesome. i was wondering if any of you gurus would be willing to take the time do a wiki post regarding this. so a step by step of how to find the files decomplie them edit them and where to place them.
i want to test the up and over level but not sure where to go after downloading it.
i also then want to start making levels myself

thanks in advance
chris

My Blog

I don't think any of us have the time to set-up a wiki page. (We're currently working on a graphical level editor) I can give you a summary of all the info in this thread.

The first level of the game was decompiled by forcer and is located here; http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=28

after that he started working on a dumper to dump the level structures which he released here; http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=37

It's a copy of Lua for Windows compiled how it needs to be to read the level files properly, all you do to decompile a level is follow the instructions in his zip at that post. You basically just run his decompiler with Lua from the commandline, specifying the compiled levels you'd like to decompile.

You do not need to recompile the levels to use them in Angrybirds, so you only need to do the decompile step once.

To use cgar's level you would do something like this in the terminal;

sudo gainroot
mv /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/levels/pack1/Level1.lua /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/levels/pack1/Level1.lua.bak

(We will assume you copied the level to your N900 via USB and it's just in /home/user/MyDocs)

cp /home/user/MyDocs/AB_up_and_over.txt /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/levels/pack1/Level1.lua

Then you just bootup your copy and go to theme1, level1

If you'd like to restore your level 1 to the original level 1 that comes with the game simply execute

mv /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/levels/pack1/Level1.lua.bak /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/levels/pack1/Level1.lua

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
That should cover how to decompile and use the levels. Editing them is a little harder, cgarvie has been working that out, forcer is responsible for all the decompiling we've done so far.

We're currently hanging out on freenode in #angrybirds-leveleditor and ##angrybirds-leveleditor if you'd like to come by and help or ask questions about level editing. We might not answer immediately as we're going to be busy with the editor, but I'm sure we'll get to your questions eventually.

Now if you'd like to help, there are a couple specific things we could use.
-If anyone is slick enough to get luadec5.1 compiled with our modified copy of lua (float as default number instead of double, we can explain that) we would be very gracious. We're looking for cleaner ways to load the custom levels and to do that we'll need to have a source decompiled copy of gamelogic.lua

Also, if you're a perl programmer you could potentially help in crafting the level editor. If you've got the mojo to make perl-sdl work in Windows it would make the level editor more cross platform, at this point we're not 100% sure it'll run great on the n900 but we're certainly going to try to make it so.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to t7g For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Also, if you're a perl programmer you could potentially help in crafting the level editor. If you've got the mojo to make perl-sdl work in Windows it would make the level editor more cross platform, at this point we're not 100% sure it'll run great on the n900 but we're certainly going to try to make it so.
why not setting up an ajax driven website allowing you to drag n drop some map elements and save them? this would be really cross platform.

since the maps are static, you just have to move some things on their positions and voila, a new map ist born. puting that positions into a lua script should be not that hard.

on the website you could share maps and extend other maps, too

Tags
angry birds, level editor