tar xzf cag_level_pack.tar
this will create a mypack directory

mkdir a pack2 dir
in
/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels

copy all files in mypack to this pack2 directory
i think this should give you my 3 levels in the level 2 stuff

***** this will create info for level 2 ******
so it means you wil have unlocked and have highscores for the real level 2 stuff WHEN you buy the expansion pack

EDIT And if some one does get it working can you at least confirm that for me
Thanks, it works

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
copy all files in mypack to this pack2 directory
i think this should give you my 3 levels in the level 2 stuff
I see there is like 90 levels you've made. I get your third level stuck forever it seems, i.e. after completing the 3rd level, the 4th is the same. After completing the 4th, the 5th is again the same, i.e. the same as 3rd and 4th.

Is this maybe since there should only be 21 levels in each packX directory?

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
I see there is like 90 levels you've made. I get your third level stuck forever it seems, i.e. after completing the 3rd level, the 4th is the same. After completing the 4th, the 5th is again the same, i.e. the same as 3rd and 4th.

Is this maybe since there should only be 21 levels in each packX directory?
ahh sorry i should have been clearer.
I have only created 3 levels at the moment. Nearly completed 4th and got ideas for 5 and 6.

but in order to package up. it was simpler to copy my level 3 to all the other files. When i release each new level i will tell you which one to copy over.
numbers dont match so level 2-1 is not file level22 etc

Remeber what i said. when you come to BUY real level 2 and 3 packs(and replace my levels)

if you have completed my 3 levels, you wil have unlocked the real levels.
and if you play my third level on level 2-4 and 2-5 and 2-6 etc. you will unlock those

unfortunatly i havnt worked out how to have levels that wont interfeare with those in the full game. but there is some though going into that.
im the mean time, those that are desperate for more levels, have to make do with me and what i have worked out.

On that note, ive not had much feed back. Do people want me to post more levels. either add to the thread with comment or suggestions or just thank me in posts where ive added a level

im more doing it fopr my fun but happy to share if people want them
im tryign to make future ones a little tricker,but we will see

The Following User Says Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
More levels would be nice, yeah

Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
On that note, ive not had much feed back. Do people want me to post more levels. either add to the thread with comment or suggestions or just thank me in posts where ive added a level
Definitely man, any levels you create please share.

As a hint, to make it more enjoyable, you really should think about making multiple-bird levels, this way with only one bird, your levels are hard, which is OK, but kinda non-fun in a way, no offense.

The Following User Says Thank You to 白い熊 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
Definitely man, any levels you create please share.

As a hint, to make it more enjoyable, you really should think about making multiple-bird levels, this way with only one bird, your levels are hard, which is OK, but kinda non-fun in a way, no offense.
part of that reason, was i was keeping object count low, as its simpler for me as i learn, but part of it was there were no single bird levels.

Next one im hoping can be solved (very tricky) with single bird, but will have more birds for easier solution.

this i'll need play tested, to see if it can be solved as i hope with single bit. and anyone that gets it on there first shot :-) wont be allowed any more levels :-)

HI guys,

How do I convert these new levels or my levels to LUA files.

Or can I simple just chagne the file type?
I'm trying to make my own levels in note pad, and then am I correct in saying I just need to say for example back up level1.lua and replace with my Level.lua file?

Thanks
Chris

My Blog

Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
HI guys,

How do I convert these new levels or my levels to LUA files.

Or can I simple just chagne the file type?
I'm trying to make my own levels in note pad, and then am I correct in saying I just need to say for example back up level1.lua and replace with my Level.lua file?

Thanks
Chris
All my files are just text files, so if your working from them. you just copy over the lua file of the level you want to replace. Id suggest using my pack2
(and prob 2-1 once youve done my 2-1)if you dont want to much around with your pack one levels, and that way you wont unlock to many of the real L2 stuff

in order to get the text file you need to decode the lua files but teh code can read them as text so no need to recode.

Can i also suggest you make small changes and test, as if you get somthing wrong game just closes and its a bugger to work out.

I tend to vi in one terminal
copy over game level in a 2nd terminal
and you dont need to restart game just exit and reselect level will reload it.
i tend to add 1-2 object then test. make position changes if needed. add 2 more test and check etc
ocassionally saving a working backup so i can get back if i truly bugger up.

The Following User Says Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
That is some great advice thanks cgarvie.

I guess my last question then is how do I decode the lua files?

Thanks again
Chris

My Blog

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
@jakiman, you are obviously missing the point here! The n900 has a terrible lineup for games and apps at the moment. the ovistore is near emty. apps like ovi maps are far from finished. And finaly a nice game comes out. and within a few weeks people find a way to free download the extra level packs and start cracking the code for making own levels. Result: Extra level pack has been removed from the store and not be returned since.
Umm. That has nothing to do with what we are doing here. That's because ovi store itself is not ready yet. 100% Nokia issue.

Also, as you have been replied to twice now by other members, Rovio (the maker of this game) actually is very happy to see "us" make extra levels for Angry Birds and said so in this very thread. So youa re looking at this from a wrong angle.

Tags
angry birds, level editor