Active Topics

Hi,
this may be a stupid question, but is there any chance that snx could be gotten to work on android...?
Paai

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by paai View Post
Hi,
this may be a stupid question, but is there any chance that snx could be gotten to work on android...?
Paai
Only if you can get a full gnu/linux under android

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
But that breaks the script everywhere else. It is better to add both paths in you user's .profile (server side).
I have the same situation, using the NoMachine binaries, but in ubuntu.
So I tried adding the lines:
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/NX/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PATH=$PATH:/usr/NX/bin
...to the .bashrc file on the server side, but that didn't work (doesn't this ssh session read the .bashrc file? Hmm?
So, as of now I have also modified the snx script with the changed paths for nxagent and the libraries.

Any ideas here?

BTW, as a command to start a full gnome desktop on my server i use:

snx -d user@myserver gnome-session

It works, sure, but is that the correct command to use?
I mean, I thought -d was enough to get a desktop session, or is that -d meant just to put nx in fullscreen mode?

Sorry if I'm kind of slow in understanding this.

Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
I have the same situation, using the NoMachine binaries, but in ubuntu.
So I tried adding the lines:
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/NX/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PATH=$PATH:/usr/NX/bin
...to the .bashrc file on the server side, but that didn't work (doesn't this ssh session read the .bashrc file? Hmm?
So, as of now I have also modified the snx script with the changed paths for nxagent and the libraries.

Any ideas here?
Google ssh bashrc first hit : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8...c-at-ssh-login
BTW, as a command to start a full gnome desktop on my server i use:

snx -d user@myserver gnome-session

It works, sure, but is that the correct command to use?
I mean, I thought -d was enough to get a desktop session, or is that -d meant just to put nx in fullscreen mode?

Sorry if I'm kind of slow in understanding this.
That's fine, I use startkde to start my kde session. "-d" is used to start in desktop mode (and fullscreen), otherwise it will start in locally managed windows mode (useful to start just a program, not a remote desktop session).

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to run snx (or some other nx client) on Nokia N9? I can't google any information about this

Last edited by evujumenuk; 2012-05-03 at 20:09.

Originally Posted by evujumenuk View Post
Is it possible to run snx (or some other nx client) on Nokia N9? I can't google any information about this
If the NX libs have been compiled for N9, then snx will work.
If not, you can try installing the packages for the N900, it is quite possible that they work.

The problem is that I don't have N9 nor N900. I simple need a smartphone or a tablet that can handle NX connection and as far as I know snx is the best option possible.
Could anyone check if snx runs well on N9 please? I'd like to be sure about it before buying one.

I second the snx on N9
I have it, could someone tip me how to test snx on harmattan?
it would be fantastic to have it working on N9!

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I'm using official NX Server (not FreeNX) on a Gentoo Linux server. It normally runs as its own user and is not in the path. In order to make it work with this script I simply had to edit the "nxagent" line in the script to call it explicitly like:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/NX/lib /usr/NX/bin/nxagent

After that, it works. Thanks a lot for this.
Just to follow up (since one other person has this same experience), in my case installing the OSS nx libs and tools made it work as expected. When I switched to x2go server this transition was seamless and snx works unmodified. Thanks.

I would like to bump this thread once more. I think it would be really great to have at least one nx client for harmattan.I dont know anything about freemantle, but I'm really willing to help, if i can.

Tags
remote desktop