Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Sthocs View Post
There is one big thing missing actually: gaming. Unfortunately game studios only deliver on Windows :/

What I really don't like about latest Jolla post is the open lie. The "new way of flashing" presented in the post exists since... 2012 Really, WTF are they playing with us?? https://developer.sonymobile.com/201...beta-download/
James Noori on September 27, 2017 at 12:54 pm
I am not lying about any of this. This requirement was introduced to us very recently by Sony. It is completely out of contest whether the tool was introduced in 2012 or 1900! It is also out of our control whether we choose to use it or not. It is a new requirement from Sony’s Open devices to Jolla, that has to be taken care of by us, as the device is not manufactured by us and Sony is the rightful manufacturer which owns the right to their assets.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
There is one big thing missing actually: gaming. Unfortunately game studios only deliver on Windows :/

What I really don't like about latest Jolla post is the open lie. The "new way of flashing" presented in the post exists since... 2012 Really, WTF are they playing with us?? https://developer.sonymobile.com/201...beta-download/
New in addition to the old one they were planning to use before?

EDIT:

This requirement was introduced to us very recently by Sony.
It is completely out of contest whether the tool was introduced in 2012 or 1900!
Exactly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Yeah, then they should say that directly in the original post.
Saying that "Sony has presented a new way of flashing" is just not true.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sthocs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Saying that "Sony has presented a new way of flashing" is just not true.
Sony has presented to Jolla a new way of flashing. I don't give that sentence the same meaning as you do, sorry. I see no lie there. Language has nuances, you're just interpreting it in one way, which is not the only one.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
First people complain about, why the flashtool is Linux only. Now Jolla and Sony offers official Sony Way to flash with Emma Software from Windows and people complain about why its not Linux or Mac. There will be always somewhere who will complain.

Even, when Jolla said, people can flash via fastboot script from Linux, Windows, Mac - somebody will complain, why its so complicated, and he can't install driver etc....

So keep calm.

Let it be Windows and Emma...I think also Hardcore Linux Gurus will find some PC with Windows, which he/she can use for Flashing.

The way of flashing doesn't really matters. They should deliver the official Sailfish X Image. Even on 5,25" Floppy disks. But they should deliver it !

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Is there any new about bluetooth support? Without BT I won't buy it as I use it quite often and on a daily basis. Thx.
Not sure if that's new for you but on the HADK-Page they mention that they have an partial solution.

Bluetooth does not work (we have a solution for partial functionality and are busy integrating it)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:

Well xperia X is not listed as compatible device for windoze flash now. So Sony is needed an probably now Sony has agreed to make that happen. --> New way for Xpreria X flashing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
To quote James from the comment section under the blog post:

I will however say that the Emma tool is now officially a requirement for everyone in order to flash their devices. Xperia X is supported by that tool, more on that later.
So for further clarification (and maybe to repeat myself), the current official requirement from Sony is that everyone should use Emma tool in order to flash their devices.
Seems Sony has just changed the conditions of its Open Device program. You would suspect that Jolla had evaluated the situation with Sony before choosing their devices as the next SFOS Hardware and not just rely on Sony's good will, which would be a very bad idea. Now with Sony sabotaging the launch of SFOS X, I'm not so sure about that.

And sure, there will be some way of finding a Windows to flash the device. But requiring a closed-source Windows installation to be able to install the images certainly not strengthen Sailfish's image as free and open platform.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
This is bad because I had so much trouble trying to downgrade my XperiaX with windows-like tools on linux that I just gave it up.
(read, I just could not make it work)

Now, to install the official SFOS image I need to try that crap again???

On the positive side; this might mean it is not necessary to unlock the bootloader to flash SFOS, right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
So Jolla has updated the blog post (in the comments) to state that on the sales start date and target release date, there will be no release available to US or Canada. They said previously that it was a payment processing issue, but now there are "other issues" and they "make no promises" regarding later availability.

While I'd like to throw this thing in the trash out of anger and walk away... is there anyone here that could accept PayPal on the sales start date to buy a license for me?

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x