Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
phone fails during start up. Nokia sign comes on the the Knightrider light goes across the bottom for a bit then locks. Any way to get my contacts off the piece of junk?

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Nice post, God. Unfortunately, I don't speak Italian. Care to repost one in English?
Here are the steps;

Step 1: Maemo flasher-3.5exe > Open it up > type; flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MRO_ARM.bin -f -R

Step 2: it will say "device not found"; plug the usb in the N900 - wait until "Nokia" comes up then proceed to the next step

Step 3: type the next command; flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

Last step: you will see your N900 starting like out of the box.

(LINK TO THE FLASHER, IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT)

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by God View Post
Here are the steps;

Step 1: Maemo flasher-3.5exe > Open it up > type; flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MRO_ARM.bin -f -R

Step 2: it will say "device not found"; plug the usb in the N900 - wait until "Nokia" comes up then proceed to the next step

Step 3: type the next command; flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

Last step: you will see your N900 starting like out of the box.

(LINK TO THE FLASHER, IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT)
What version of Vista were you running? 32bit or 64?

The Following User Says Thank You to archebyte For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by archebyte View Post
What version of Vista were you running? 32bit or 64?
32bit -

The Following User Says Thank You to God For This Useful Post:
32bit -
I hear a lot about compatibility-mode. Did you have to turn it on? Just want to document the steps on the wiki.

I hear a lot about compatibility-mode. Did you have to turn it on? Just want to document the steps on the wiki.
Yes.

Well basically just follow the steps which I previously posted.

Download the flasher > open it up on your PC > type the first command & plug the USB into the N900 > once it's done it will come up with "Nokia" with a white background > type the second command > once that's done, the N900 will restart & VOILA.

Yes.

Well basically just follow the steps which I previously posted.

Download the flasher > open it up on your PC > type the first command & plug the USB into the N900 > once it's done it will come up with "Nokia" with a white background > type the second command > once that's done, the N900 will restart & VOILA.
It looks like you flashed the eMMC too.

Did you buy your N900 or receive it from the Summit? The wiki advises to contact 'Nokia Care' for problems with the eMMC. If you bought yours and didn't have any problems flashing the eMMC, perhaps that 'advice' on the wiki needs to removed.

Did you buy your N900 or receive it from the Summit? The wiki advises to contact 'Nokia Care' for problems with the eMMC. If you bought yours and didn't have any problems flashing the eMMC, perhaps that 'advice' on the wiki needs to removed.
Don't have one myself. This was done by a friend.

You'll also need a copy of the eMMc;

http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

Called; RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

Then follow the steps posted.

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
phone fails during start up. Nokia sign comes on the the Knightrider light goes across the bottom for a bit then locks. Any way to get my contacts off the piece of junk?

Doesn't matter in a moment of genius I'd kept them on the old sim. They copied even though the sim was inactive.

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

Tags
lack of quality control