It would be nice if it is something like the default music player that Nokia gave us. I like sigma as it have equalizer but sometimes when browsing, it lags somehow and not as smooth. The UI is best if it is something like the default music player. When i choose all tracks, some of the tracks will not show up.

Hope you can improve this. Cheers

New theme/skin "Cold Silver" almost ready:

New version also includes:
  • Better playlist management
  • Shake to control
  • Low Power Screen

I have also done some cpu tests and here are the results:
  • Default media player consumes 10% cpu average.
  • SigmaPlayer without Equalizer consumes 12% cpu average.
  • SigmaPlayer with Equalizer consumes 34% cpu average.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Version 0.1.0: download free version here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
thanks gionni88 for creating such a great music player! sigma & internet radio player are my most used programs by far (i think i was the first to comment on sigma in ovi store...) so thanks a lot!!

but i am having some issues with sigma i meant to submit to you for a while now.

playing a playlist worked for me only in the very first release. since then the player won't play anything and the track number display would go wildly up and down. i just tried the 0.1.0 version (had to use dpkg -i to install and got some weird feedback...) and the player would just crash when opening a playlist.

so i am using the folder option ever since. the problem there is that the tracks are not sorted by file-name but by tag-name instead. so i can listen to an album alphabetically but not how the composer intended me to

using the album option would work, but i have a lot of independent music and samplers which have insufficient album tags most of the time.

my phone had not many "customizations". and right now there is only mplayer and one or two of its dependencies installed. the rest is just a standard out of the box n9 with software from the ovi store.
i have tried everything but those little but very annoying bugs wont go away.

i really hope there is a solution somewhere except installing the very first release since i really like the improvements in the newer versions. great job on the low power display btw!

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
I have also done some cpu tests and here are the results:
  • Default media player consumes 10% cpu average.
  • SigmaPlayer without Equalizer consumes 12% cpu average.
  • SigmaPlayer with Equalizer consumes 34% cpu average.
could there be something wrong with my entire system? (above post)

i just checked the cpu load:
standard player: 10% +16% pulse
sigma w/o eq: 20% +16% pulse
sigma with eq: 44% +16% pulse

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Any changelog for 0.1.0?

@ cjannack: you're welcome!

Are you trying to load playlists created within the app or from pc? If the second, please send me by email a sample of this playlist. Another user has problem with playlists created from iTunes, but he couldn't find the generated playlist file. I have to manually parse the m3u file, so knowing how it is formatted would help me fixing it.

Folder filtering sorts track by title tag, I may switch it to fileName if this may help you. The only other fileName sorting is album filtering, all others sort by title aswell.

Have you tried the new playlist creation in ColdSilver theme? Long tap on a playlist > Edit: click on songs in the top list to add them in playlist (the bottom list).

Is the illumination in low power screen ok?

I got cpu usages from Nokia Energy Profiler and the pulse process is not even considered, while on top it appears. Anyway, the backend is gstreamer for both QtMultimediaKit and Phonon.

Originally Posted by D.Cent View Post
Any changelog for 0.1.0?
New theme ColdSilver added. It has a lowpower screen, a better playlists management.

Edit: oh, and horizontal shake to switch to next song! It works only in ColdSilver theme by now, I'm implementing it in other themes aswell.

Last edited by gionni88; 2012-01-30 at 07:18.

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
@ cjannack: you're welcome!

Are you trying to load playlists created within the app or from pc? If the second, please send me by email a sample of this playlist. Another user has problem with playlists created from iTunes, but he couldn't find the generated playlist file. I have to manually parse the m3u file, so knowing how it is formatted would help me fixing it.

Folder filtering sorts track by title tag, I may switch it to fileName if this may help you. The only other fileName sorting is album filtering, all others sort by title aswell.
the formatting i use is simple since it worked best with the first release:

01 title1.mp3
02 title2.mp3

i also used to have playlist with the following formatting:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF: some - metadata1
01 title1.mp3
#EXTINF: some - metadata2
02 title2.mp3

but those wouldn't work well. sigma would play tracks twice and show the wrong titles and stuff...

i just tried creating a playlist within sigma but it would crash as well.

it would be awesome if you could change folder sorting to filename! i am kind of used to that anyway... i used symfonie on the n900 for years and that did not support playlists at all

as i looked through the thread i noticed that i seem to be the only one with these playlist problems. it may be just my corrupted device...
if you don't have time to look for a solution thats fine. i would be very happy already if the folder sorting is by filename.
maybe a switch somewhere so people can keep sorting it by title tag...

the illumination is what i expect from a "low power screen". however i couldn't test it in the sunlight for there is none

The Following User Says Thank You to cjannack For This Useful Post:
I changed sorting by filename with folder filter and something in the m3u parsing, let me know if your m3u files are correctly loaded now pls.

Download link for version 0.1.1.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post: