Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Update: I'll be announcing busybox-power for Harmattan in a separate thread tomorrow. Even though a lot is shared with Fremantle's counterpart, I've come to the conclusion that it is undesirable to basically insert a whole new stream of discussion in this established thread. Also, the previous 32 pages of discussion don't really apply to Harmattan; they might cause some confusion amongst our newest users.

On another note: I've gone ahead and pushed the latest busybox-power release to Maemo's testing repository. The main reason for promotion is the inclusion of dpkg-divert in the latest release. I would like to prevent /bin/busybox getting restored by a future CSSU update for as much users as possible. Furthermore, the current version in extras is getting rather old and changes to busybox-power have been accumulating ever since.

Please give busybox-power a thumbs-up if you think this latest release should be pushed to Maemo's extras, thanks .

Edit: whoa, that was fast! We've got more than enough votes to promote the package aleady, thanks again! Now we only need to wait until the quarantine period for the package is over

Last edited by iDont; 2012-11-03 at 21:05.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
I am guessing that the latest busybox update for N900 resulted in loss of vibration in my mobile. Or it maybe that the use of vibration changer app (and hard profile) broke my vibration hardware. My N900 doesn't vibrate anymore - calls, screen touch, boot - at no time at all.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yeah sure, blame it on busybox Of course this is a consequence using busybox-power.

But vibration changer app (what is that)? No way that this could have something to do with it.

OK, irony off.
I have no idea what is going there. But I remember that earlier from time to time I also did have some vibration "offs". No call, no touch vibrations. But after a reboot everthing was fine. Did you already reboot?

--edit
Strike my question (and post). Just reread your last sentence. Even on boot (powering on) there is no little shake? Then I assume some hardware failure ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2012-11-03 at 22:44.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
I don't know what was causing the problem. But reboot, setting changes - nothing worked. I booted to Android and then back to Maemo. Finally dropped it from a little height (not intentionally). After that it started working again. Don't know if its back because of dropping or booting to android.

Dropping - vibra got blocked by some dirt. But, it doesn't apply to busybox-power thread at all.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
As Estel said:
dropping
and totally OT (unrelated to busysbox).
If a moderator reads this, please move out last 5 posts to a new thread ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
I am guessing that the latest busybox update for N900 resulted in loss of vibration in my mobile. Or it maybe that the use of vibration changer app (and hard profile) broke my vibration hardware. My N900 doesn't vibrate anymore - calls, screen touch, boot - at no time at all.
Hi Joseph9560,
I see in a next post of yours that the issue is already fixed. If you truly think busybox-power had something to do with the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling busybox-power if the issue comes back. I need to know whether the issue only appears when busybox-power is installed.

Personally, I would suspect the "vibration changer" application first; a parse error can easily lead to dysfunctional or no vibration patterns at all (disclaimer: I'm not familiar with this application). However, as you indicate that dropping the device fixed the issue, I would say that it was (is?) a hardware issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Good news, everyone!

Recently I've received patches to introduce Diablo support in busybox-power, courtesy of Teemu Ikonen. This means that you can now use busybox-power on your N800/N810. It is available in Diablo's extras-devel repository.

I'm not planning to create a separate thread for busybox-power for Diablo since a lot is shared between Diablo and Fremantle, at least in the context of busybox-power. E.g. there was no need to create a separate Diablo branche in our git repository as had to be done for Harmattan. Also, three separate threads seems to be a bit too much .

I had never thought that busybox-power would eventually be available on three different platform generations (Maemo 4, Maemo 5, and MeeGo/Harmattan) when the project begun. A sincere thank you to everyone involved for their support, feedback, or simply their faith in the package.

--
On a sidenote, busybox-power 1.20.2power5 can be found at our garage page. Its main change is introducing Diablo support. Other changes are fairly minor, please refer to the changelog.

Do note that whilst the source code between the Diablo and Femantle build is shared, you shouldn't use the Fremantle deb on Diablo. Diablo uses a slightly different BusyBox configuration, e.g. to include kernel module tools (which aren't provided by BusyBox on Fremantle).

Last edited by iDont; 2012-12-04 at 10:52.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Are you sure that autobuilder doesn't work? I've seen recent builds, but I haven't received any information about status from Nemein.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Are you sure that autobuilder doesn't work? I've seen recent builds, but I haven't received any information about status from Nemein.
I've noticed some successful builds on the extras-cauldron-builds too, but at least my uploads via the extras web assistant haven't produced any output.

Edit: just uploaded the source files to incoming-builder/diablo/ and incoming-builder/fremantle/ via scp, let's see what happens.
Edit 2: success! Both builds have succeeded, according to the build list. It looks like just the extras web assistant is broken, the autobuilder itself is fine.

Last edited by iDont; 2012-12-04 at 10:28.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post: