Notices

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/#32

is it possible for someone to make an app like this? also, im guessing its totally impossible for the developer to make a version that would work with other phones besides iPhones right? this is one thing I will regret not getting the iPhone for, because lots of my friends are overseas with iPhones and an app such as this if I had an iPhone would make contacting them so easy. : /

Use a normal instant messanger client for this like skype, gtalk or whatever is supported by the iphone as well. They are already perfectly integrated in the N900

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Don't be fooled by that app. They're attempting to lock you into a locked in device. There are already plenty of free ways to contact iPhoners, mainly using IM protocols like MSN Live, Yahoo Messenger, AIM, Jabber/GTalk, and others. These are available on the iPhone, and free and included in the N900 out of the box. Don't let BB Messenger and Whatsapp suck you into long term bouts of wasting money. Go with what has worked all along.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Don't be fooled by that app. They're attempting to lock you into a locked in device. There are already plenty of free ways to contact iPhoners, mainly using IM protocols like MSN Live, Yahoo Messenger, AIM, Jabber/GTalk, and others. These are available on the iPhone, and free and included in the N900 out of the box. Don't let BB Messenger and Whatsapp suck you into long term bouts of wasting money. Go with what has worked all along.
You're right, although MSN seems to timeout as well, while Blackberry Messenger is always on. I only have a friend and my brother as contacts on BBM though but use it a lot.

the thing is, these BBM, Whatsapp or Ping also have Push msging so that people can msg you and you'll get it regardless of being online etc.

With things like MSN, if I can't get offline msgs, it'll be absolutely pointless, not to mention sending offline msgs isnt that popular anyways, since Mac users dont have that option.

Also, when everyone you know is sucked in, not being sucked in puts you at a disadvantage for communication, thats all im saying. I love the N900 to bits though but havent even seen screenshots of how the messengers look etc, besides the integrated conversation thing.

i use google talk and usually get all my offline messages on fring etc...

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ California - Los Scandalous
Does n900 have AIM messenger?

no but there are aim telepathy plugins.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Yes, there are aim telepathy plugins but actually they don't work for AIM.

From: jan.koum at gmail dot com on behalf of WhatsApp Support (support at whatsapp dot com)

sorry, no

--
Take a look at our FAQ: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/
Follow WhatsApp on Twitter: http://twitter.com/WhatsAppInc
Join WhatsApp on FaceBook: http://bit.ly/LPEIh

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 8:19 AM, _____________________ wrote:
Hello,

Are you considering developing Whatsapp on the Nokia N900 which runs the Maemo5 OS?

Thanks

Professional answer...

The Following User Says Thank You to bachagabriel For This Useful Post:

Tags
stupid hack