Posts: 8 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Deltona
I know this is probably a complete shot in the dark, but I've tried everywhere so far with no avail.

I have an IPhone 4 16GB(at&t) and i'm looking to barter for an N900
I got my IPhone as a gift and I never cared for iOS. It is jailbroken currently.

-The phone right now is at a 7.5/10
-Battery still holds a good charge.
-No noticeable scratches.
*The home button is temperamental. but still works.
*I use the Activator app because my phone is jailbroken, I never have to use my home button anyway because if i tap my clock it takes me to the home screen.

Even if I can't find someone on here, tell me honestly. Do you think this will be possible? I live in Florida and it seems everyone here owns a damn IPhone.

Thanks in advance

Edit Feel free to email me: axlt.tlove@gmail.com
If you're in the states send me a text: 386-561-1904

Last edited by medo4; 2013-02-04 at 16:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to medo4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by medo4 View Post
I know this is probably a complete shot in the dark, but I've tried everywhere so far with no avail.

I have an IPhone 4 16GB(at&t) and i'm looking to barter for an N900
I got my IPhone as a gift and I never cared for iOS. It is jailbroken currently.

-The phone right now is at a 7.5/10
-Battery still holds a good charge.
-No noticeable scratches.
*The home button is temperamental. but still works.
*I use the Activator app because my phone is jailbroken, I never have to use my home button anyway because if i tap my clock it takes me to the home screen.

Even if I can't find someone on here, tell me honestly. Do you think this will be possible? I live in Florida and it seems everyone here owns a damn IPhone.

Thanks in advance
Honestly your best bet is to sell your iPhone (craigslist?) and use the money to buy an N900..

I have both N900 and N9 and there's no way I would sell those, and if people were like me here then ur best bet would be what I mentioned above. Good luck.

Last edited by bandora; 2013-02-02 at 23:19.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
I want to trade! Btw. I'm in Las Vegas, my profile shows my old address. Just want to know if its CDMA or GSM! I'm assuming its GSM as its AT&T (but somewhere I read that they have CDMA too, not sure if its true).
Edit: Just changed my profile address!

Last edited by Joseph9560; 2013-02-03 at 00:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I do have a N900 laying over here too if you like to trade

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by brunelli View Post
Why not a N9?
Anyway, have you tried to announce on eBay?
I've done some research on the N9, played with it a little bit and didn't care for it. The N900 is exactly what i'm looking for.

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Honestly your best bet is to sell your iPhone (craigslist?) and use the money to buy an N900..

I have both N900 and N9 and there's no way I would sell those, and if people were like me here then ur best bet would be what I mentioned above. Good luck.
I've attempted this past two weeks on craigslist and I cant seem to get a decent offer. And I totally understand why someone wouldnt want to get rid of them. I figure someone with a well kept N900 that upgraded to an N9 or equivalent might help another geek out and trade for an IPhone. Someone with connections can totally re-sell it and get more cash than if they tried to sell the N900 in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
I want to trade! Btw. I'm in Las Vegas, my profile shows my old address. Just want to know if its CDMA or GSM! I'm assuming its GSM as its AT&T (but somewhere I read that they have CDMA too, not sure if its true).
Edit: Just changed my profile address!
Joseph I sent you an email. I cant seem to check my PM's yet probably due to me just making an account today.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I do have a N900 laying over here too if you like to trade
If things don't work out with Joseph your totally next.

Thank you all for the replies, I'm going to be apart of this community when I get my own N900 :]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to medo4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Brescia, Italy
i'm available in trading if things don't work with other members good luck!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n900hacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n900hacker View Post
i'm available in trading if things don't work with other members good luck!
I still haven't heard back from Joseph,and unfortunately HtheB lives in the Netherlands and shipping isn't going to be cheaper than 80 USD.

Drop me an Email!
axlt.tlove@gmail.com

Edit: I don't mean to jump to assumptions but something is telling me you're not from the states. and shipping a package that's less than a pound (.45 kg) is going to cost me AND you between 60-100 USD. (unless of course you know how to get it cheaper and I might be missing something, which is very possible)

I still haven't heard back from Joseph yet and I feel like he might be my only shot at getting this phone. He sent me a private message and I could read it in my email.
To any mods reading this: I still can't check my private messages for whatever reason. If you can tell me maybe i'm missing something? Thanks in advance.

Also thank you for the tag :]
Double Edit: Also Joseph, if you're reading this, not to be a creepy stalker, but i noticed you logged on yesterday. If you're not interested bud just let me know.

Last edited by medo4; 2013-02-04 at 16:37.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Sorry for late reply! I was kinda busy. The phone is in good conditions - have some scratches in the case. But the screen is protected with screen protector. I don't have any accessories of N900 besides the charger and the changer is the one that fits in Asia plug (cause that's where I brought it from). So you might need to buy some connector or a new charger. I will send pics tonight! The phone has CSSU and all the goodies but I wasn't able to update it to latest CSSU (when maemo.org server was still running). I probably messed some packages but it works great (even after broken packages ). I can flash it to original Nokia OS if you like but I would assume it will be easier for you to move ahead from what is already there (as you seemed like a geek) than starting over from fresh Nokia version of the OS.

The reason I am selling it is because I am using Galaxy S3 as a primary phone now. I still use N900 occasionally to listen to "a" radio program (and darn Android can not play that particular internet radio station). Never realized how awesome the built in media player (and OMP for sure) until I switched to Android. And I definitely miss the ability to record calls . Its a great device to have and I will definitely miss it but it will be used in better way if its in someone else's hand. And I don't like apple at all - used it for couple of days and then returned it to get S3. Iphone will go for my family or friends or I might even sell it online in ebay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much! Check your email!

Tags
you are welcome