Notices

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
so does installing this override the 'stable' firefox, or do they install independently? I want to try this out but not if it means losing the current version.

Also, for browser discussion, Macuco is pretty good too. I have opera, firefox and macuco and although i invariably use microb, i use all of them depending on what i need the web for.

The browser is still too 'bouncy' tapping on the link slides to the menu or tab views. Would be nice if you had to pull them out like microb imo

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Which one is better? Qt or GTK ?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Which one is better? Qt or GTK ?
My experience was that the GTK versions (nightlys) were more stable about a week ago. I've moved to the GTK versions since that time. I would prefer to use the Qt version, since it is... well Qt. Fennec Qt is included in the MeeGo 1.1 handset release.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayBEE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JayBEE View Post
That's a known bug which I'm sure will be resolved before they finalize it. The work-around is to simply scroll down to reveal the URL bar. I'll find the bug and post it later.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=603319

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
I've installed qt version, nothing new and its not that fast either, gonna try gtk now

p.s. anyone knows a command in about:config to chage useragent to desktop ff ? its annoying

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
I've installed qt version, nothing new and its not that fast either, gonna try gtk now

p.s. anyone knows a command in about:config to chage useragent to desktop ff ? its annoying
This thread seems to have something regarding changing the useragent. Hope this helps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayBEE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Hong Kong
Happy to see Fennec/FF get better and better. But....
Keyboard shortcut are must-have for me.
Also, switching tabs using keyboard should be supported - even Java base web browser like UCWeb does nicely.

whats the build guys? It shows me as Firefox 3.6.5pre/Fennec 1.1 from about browser. Is this the latest one announced on 10/4? I installed it from www.mozilla.com/en-US/m/beta

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
whats the build guys? It shows me as Firefox 3.6.5pre/Fennec 1.1 from about browser. Is this the latest one announced on 10/4? I installed it from www.mozilla.com/en-US/m/beta
Here goes the direct link:
http://moff.mozilla.com/latest-beta/.../binary-armel/

1.1 is ooold beta. I don't know how Mozilla managed to point you to it. Some out-of-date link. New beta is version 2, recently renamed to 4 to match desktop Firefox.

You will get 4.0b2 at
http://moff.mozilla.com/latest-beta/.../binary-armel/

However, as posted above in this thread, you can get nightly (the most recent, daily updated) version 4.0b3pre

Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
Here's what the browser says:

Firefox/4.0b8pre Fennec/4.0b3pre

...pulled a nightly build. It's waay better IMHO. Beta 2 had the problem where the pages would render blank even though the thumbnail showed that it was rendering properly.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2010-11-06 at 09:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, fennec