Hi everyone. First post here so apologies if I make mistakes
I have been using my Australian bought Nokia N9 for 3 weeks (purchased through Virgin Mobile). A few days ago, I noticed that I was receiving texts messages and the 2 line preview would come up on my home screen - however when I swiped the message across to the right to open it, there was nothing new in my inbox. People were definitely sending me messages.

I thought I would switch the phone off then on again to see if the messages would show. Well, not only were the newly received messages not showing, but ALL of my inbox contents were cleared, as were my contacts, and all my photos & videos of my children

So I have questions: firstly, why would this have happened, and is it likely to happen again? And secondly, do I have any way of retrieving my photos, videos, messages, contacts?

Thanks in advance for any advice. (And if giving technical advice, can you please keep in simple as I am not very 'technology smart'! ).

Hmm strange. I would take it back to where you bought it from

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Hmm strange. I would take it back to where you bought it from
Seconded.

@ emjari
There's obviously a technical glitch in ur handset. Get it replaced asap. As for the lost content - I'm afraid, nothing much could be done.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
I wouldnt say nothing could be done about the data, typically when files are deleted they are not gone until they are over written with new data or the drive is physically damaged. Testdisk has always worked well for me I would give it a try first then have the unit replaced.

If the files are uber important and you really want them back, you could always bring the phone to a professional data recovery service to get them back but it will cost you.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk