Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ontario
I just got a N9 64GB white edition in Canada. Enjoying so far. Any recommendations of apps. Also I need help I was trying to download a file from the browser and it failed but no I cant seem to get rid of this transfer failed message in the pull down menu. It also shows a red down arrow near the time in the status bar. Anyone know how to fix this.

Originally Posted by singh01 View Post
I just got a N9 64GB white edition in Canada. Enjoying so far. Any recommendations of apps. Also I need help I was trying to download a file from the browser and it failed but no I cant seem to get rid of this transfer failed message in the pull down menu. It also shows a red down arrow near the time in the status bar. Anyone know how to fix this.
Grats on the White

I really have basic stuff..
Gtalk Video Call
Organizer Feed
Reboot
Toggle PSM
FlightMode
Battery Usage (not sure if this causes further drain)
The Flashlight
MeeScan
TranslateAll
ScreenshotMe (rarely use)
Self Timer
Simple Mirror
fMobi
CuteTube
Compass
CityScene (never use it)
CloudGPS (never use it)

About the failed transfer, you should be able to press on it and cancel. Otherwise, there is also a "done" button on the top left to press

Last edited by original_z; 2012-03-14 at 21:21.

I recommend CuteTube for N9, N9 QuickTweaks, TED app, Twimgo (Twitter), FMobi (for Facebook), Drop Cache, Peak Gold (game), Samurai II, and Ionic (book reader).

- Spotify or MeeSpot (if you have spotify, I don't know if you have it canada)
- CuteTube (for youtube)
- N9 QTweak (enable a lot of tweaks that makes the phone SO MUCH better)
- Swipemanager (to change what to do when you swipe either up, down, left or right)
- DropN9 (dropbox client)
- Filebox (filemanager)
- Firefox and then download flash
- Sports Tracker (for working out, tracks distance on the map, the speed, etc.)
- Barbell Gym (choose body parts to workout and look at illustration of the workout)
- Skiinfo (if you like to go skiing, this shows you info for about every skiing resorts in the world)
- MeeTor (torrent downloader)

Games
- Heebo
- Circus
- PathWind
- Doodle Fit
- Peak gold
- Fillr

Useful apps
- SciCalc (scientific calculator)
- MeeScan (Scan QR)
- MTimer (stopwatch, eggtimer etc.)
- Converter

And if you haven't allready you should enable terminal and enable "Allow installs from other sources than store" I think its something like that (I translated it from norwegian)

And about that transfer problem; If you can't access it from the topbar, download another file so you get to transfer window and choose empty.

must-have apps that most n9 users might use often

cutetube
firefox+flash, opera
nokia internet radio
fm radio(or some others)
gtalk video call
ebuddy xms(whatsapp alternative)
web2sms
(if you need low-cost internet sms)
extraplugin(pulled from nokia store, but you can find it somewhere, for msn, yahoo im, etc)

Last edited by youmeego; 2012-03-15 at 01:54.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ontario
Thanks, I will download these apps. I am running into issues with sending and recieving mms messages. I am running pr1.2. Where are the mms settings. it keeps saying failed

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nokia N9 is a good phone

Originally Posted by singh01 View Post
Thanks, I will download these apps. I am running into issues with sending and recieving mms messages. I am running pr1.2. Where are the mms settings. it keeps saying failed
hey, I'm on rogers and just sent one as a test to a fido guy no problem. I.didn't have to do anything special, just shared a pick i took with the phone recently. Don't know about actual settings sorry

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Lumia
Nokia N9 is a good phone
Keep these sort of posts going, by all means...
Just know that people are regularly reporting them.
Posts with this sort of tone are the only kind you make nowadays.
The mods move like glaciers here, but that doesn't mean they don't move.
You're laying a nice little foundation for a banning LT.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-15 at 07:38. Reason: typo

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
On the back of the OP, as well as the above apps I'd also like to know the best way of accessing root folders to enable copying/adding/editing files, i.e. adding my own tones to usr/shared/sounds...
And preferably without using WinSCP. I've already tried this but can't drag/drop or copy files into a root folder.

The Following User Says Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post: