Active Topics

Notices

0.31f which works with the deal-extreme bluetooth obd device under can should be available in extras in a few hours.

You will need the SSU and the blues-utils-test update (from osso4 to oss6).

The Following User Says Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post:
Hi tz1, do you have a manual to set the minigpsd working? Because I have installed it, but I'm not getting data (always the red circle in apple icon).

THanks

The red circle means gpsd is running and talking to the GPS, but the GPS is not returning any data. It turns yellow for a 2d lock, green for a 3d lock.

When you run the map application, does it show a lock or active satellites?

The Following User Says Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post:
I have an external GPS bluetooth receiver, should I test it with Internal GPS?

Anyway, I have configured minigpsd to use "External GPS", and BT Scan is set to my GPS receiver.

If I open the Maps app, it uses the BT receiver and all works perfectly but the minigps icon is with a red circle

Run the gpsd configuration program or use the statusbar or taskbar.

Make sure External GPS has ON checked and that the bluetooth address matches in the scan (select the BT gps from the scan and tap the set GPS button if it isn't the right value).

I have configure it. Started the gpsd… The bluetooth icon changed from white to blue, so i think the device is connected to the N810… But I'm not getting any data (only red circle). If I open Maps application, it can't connect to the GPS.

Configure MaemoMapper to localhost:2937 (gpsd) doesn't work, any tips?

Thanks for your time

What brand and model of bluetooth GPS are you using?

Does it work (with the built-in map) when you configure it using the location control panel applet for the GPS.

The port is 2947, not 2937 for the gps port.

The GPS has to send out GPRMC or GPGLL sentences (correctly) for me to get a lock. It is possible the GPS is in some other mode.

It should be creating a minigpsd directory with subdirectories. Find the largest ...prelock.zip file and send it to me via PM or otherwise attach it.

I haven't made progress on the strange n800 problem, but I have updated both minigpsd and added support to maemo-mapper specifically for minigpsd.

A patch against maemo-mapper 2.6.2 is attached (and is in the garage).

You will also need "unzip" to read kmz files.

This allows the minigpsd kmz files to be used for tracks and routes, generally anywhere gpx files would work.

It also uses the memory mapped status (once per second) instead of parsing NMEA if it detects it, so it should be much faster. My 10Hz GPS would overload the GPS thread.

I'm working on the OBD stuff and I also have a program that emulates minigpsd but READS the kmz files, so can replay them to external programs (including OBD and other data).

I'll post more details, but look for a minigpsd-0.31h in extras-devel, then extras shortly.
Attached Files
File Type: txt maemo-mapper-minigpsd-support.dif.txt (8.4 KB, 231 views)

New release. Please ask support questions on the new thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=29546

Tags
gps, obd2