Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Well there is a script that is called to do the mount

/usr/sbin/osso-mmc-mount and also /usr/sbin/osso-umount

I can do this

mv /usr/sbin/osso-mmc-mount /usr/sbin/osso-mmc-mount-hold
gparted
mv /usr/sbin/osso-mmc-mount-hold /usr/sbin/osso-mmc-mount

And nothing will mount, or I could edit the mount script to just exit if gparted is running?

Still looking for the best idea or suggestion.

For those not paying attention, we want to stop automounts to /media/mmc1 and 2

I also found these

gconftool-2 --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/volume_manager/automount_drives true

gconftool-2 --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/volume_manager/automount_media true

Anyone know if maemo has some corresponding entries?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I believe that you could resolve this problem with d-bus, would that help?
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

OK,I updated the deb, it should install alongside e2fsprogs? Please let me know?

I fixed the mkswap issue

I made a workaround for the mounting issue. It will unmount the /media/mmc1 and mmc2 when started. It will remount all when gparted exits
(feel free to find a better one, but it works)

Please do some testing, I think I am done...

NOTE**** You will still get Memory card corrupted errors from maemo but nothing will mount and the errors can be ignored.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I also found these

gconftool-2 --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/volume_manager/automount_drives true

gconftool-2 --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/volume_manager/automount_media true

Anyone know if maemo has some corresponding entries?
There's some entries in /system, but I think they're read-only:

/system/osso/af/internal-mmc-device-present
/system/osso/af/mmc-cover-open
/system/osso/af/mmc-device-present
/system/osso/af/mmc-mount-point

That's all I could find... nothing under /desktop like on a "real" system

see my last post
I did this

mv /usr/sbin/osso-mmc-mount.sh /usr/sbin/osso-mmc-mount.sh-hold
/usr/sbin/osso-mmc-umount.sh /media/mmc1
/usr/sbin/osso-mmc-umount.sh /media/mmc2
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/GPARTED/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export PATH="/usr/GPARTED/bin:$PATH"
/usr/GPARTED/bin/gparted /dev/mmcblk0 /dev/mmcblk1
mv /usr/sbin/osso-mmc-mount.sh-hold /usr/sbin/osso-mmc-mount.sh
/etc/init.d/ke-recv restart

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Thanks, I was actually typing my response (and answering the door to give out candy) when you posted that... I'll try out your deb shortly, I'm actually planning to remove a partition and grow my fat partition back out.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Sorry, I have no ideas, that's the problem. There's some little daemon in there trying to remount mmcblk0p1 and mmcblk1p1 any time there's any change to those partitions...
It is ke-recv, I think (I wrestled with it while doing my swap file in external mmc hack).

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
It is ke-recv, I think (I wrestled with it while doing my swap file in external mmc hack).
Yes, the ke-recv is the issue, but if I turn it off and run gparted, the system reboots while scanning for devices.

So I am just using ke-recv to remount the partitions when gparted is complete.

I really don't like doing the mv, but I havn't found another way around it yet !!

Well I tried to install it; got an "unable to install" error. I was installing from my external card in the app manager. Booted from flash.

Originally Posted by heelio View Post
Well I tried to install it; got an "unable to install" error. I was installing from my external card in the app manager. Booted from flash.
can you paste in the log from the application manager, or upload it as an attachment here.

In application manager > Open Menu > Tools > Log

Tags
debian, gparted, hacked, qole