Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Hi.

I've received my n900 yesterday.

I charged it, placed my SIM and battery and everything went just fine. As I needed to finish my day, I placed back my SIM into my E71.

This morning I placed back the SIM into my n900, and sadly, it does not start up.

When I try to turn it on, it vibrates, and shows the nokia blue logo over a white background. Then, on the screen it's shown an animation, kind of 5 dots flashing.

And then, nothing else happens.

If I plug it into my computer (USB) y can even see the default files in it (images for example). Also, I could copy a jpeg into .images.

I called nokia and they suggested me to take the battery out, then try to turn it on to drain any charge on the phone, then I charged it for like an hour and nothing happened.

I'm afraid battery is not being charged properly. Is there any sign when battery is being charged? The manual says an indicator blinks when charging but I don't see anything. However if the battery was completely empty, how can it be that the logo is shown ?

Any help appreciated!

Last edited by lsolano; 2009-12-21 at 05:33.

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moon
did you try to reseat the sim again?
also try starting n900 without the sim at all.
if that works clean sim contacts and try again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Croc For This Useful Post:
where you buy the phone on nokia.com or amazon.com?

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I had the exact same problem, try starting it in R&D mode then shutting it down and starting it up normally, there are threads on how to do this.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
I had the exact same problem, try starting it in R&D mode then shutting it down and starting it up normally, there are threads on how to do this.
Hi Zack,
I cant find the threads, are you able to help ?
I would like to try and start my phone in R&D mode as I am suffering with the same problem.
Regards Andy

I have the same problem. I just bought the phone from amazon.com. I charged it to the the full before using it. the battery went almost dead in my first use approximately in 10 hours without excess usage. So i ha my first shock that how this phone is going to last in one day if i use it fully. nevertheless, then, I connected the phone to the charger at night and went to sleep. When i woke up, i wondered that why the alarm of the phone did not turn on. I checked the phone and i saw a black screen. The phone was not charging at all.

the symptoms are similar to the other people wrote here. when i connect to charger i see yellow light lit constantly, later on sometimes it start blinking and after a while it stops.

i informed amazon about that problem. they offered me two options, 1) 10% discount and keep the phone as it is 2) full refund.

overall, i have been a nokia user for 10 years. but i think this will be my last nokia phone.

actually, i suspected due to delays of the launch of N900 that something would be wrong with this phone. but i wanted it so much and took the risk and bought the phone.

now i am returning by far the worst phone that i have bought.

so sad

Originally Posted by Croc View Post
did you try to reseat the sim again?
also try starting n900 without the sim at all.
if that works clean sim contacts and try again.
I tried and did not work. Thanks anyway!

Originally Posted by poquifox View Post
where you buy the phone on nokia.com or amazon.com?
Amazon, and I'll returned.They're sending me a new one. I must confess though, I almost took the refund option: many problems on this device are reported everywhere. However, I still have faith on maemo having a boost on 2010 (new apps / many bugs fixed).

Even if I can probably do something that make the phone work again, I don't think it's fair: I've just bought a brand new phone for $550 and I just like it to behave like a $550 phone. I just want to plug it into the wall, charge it and use it, as it should be.

Thanks for your posts, and if further info regarding R&D mode can be posted here, It would be interesting to try it before shipping my phone back.

*Stokes the fire*

But it's not really a Phone! It's an Internet Tablet with basic Phone functionality.

*hides*

I had a buggy phone too. Reset itself quite often, every 15 seconds to 10 minutes. My new phone arrives today! From what I hear buggy phones that are replaced work completely different. Just a few lemons out there...

I'm sure my new one will have a faulty mic, as that's just my luck.

Tags
lack of quality control