Closed Thread
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
...Fact: There are not going to be any iPhone like apps coming out for the N900....
What about Angry Birds, Hoopz Basketball and Football (is it Hoopz?)?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
... yes. and Bounce Evolution... so we have 3+1/2 (basket and football the same). So still with one hand.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Angry Birds is good.
Angry Birds is already out and I said "coming out". Semantics I know, but you're only talking about 1 app so you can't really base your case around it anyway.
Anyway, Angry Birds on the iPhone is superior to the N900 version (many more levels, game play modes, updates, etc)!!

The Si02Interactive games (hoops/football) are:
1) surely not worthy of being held as flag ship games for a 2010 smarphone
2) a whole minefield - not sure if you were around when all the stuff with that idiot developer kicked off.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

not another one.. oh well

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Simple solution...buy an Ipod Touch and run apps and games off that...
Otherwise live with the fact that mainstream developers aren't jumping on the maemo/meego plaftorm anytime soon. If you want apps or games for your mobile, get an andriod or iphone to pass time...

The Following User Says Thank You to nathaneous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
Fact: The update is going to make little/no difference to the N900 so don't worry about it
Fact: There are not going to be any iPhone like apps coming out for the N900.

Accept that you've got a device and it wasn't what you thought (like many others) and grind it out until your contract expires or you drop it in the toilet.
hahahaaa yaaa good idea dropping it in the toilet.

and wts with everyone temper defending the n900!!:P guys its just a phone u ppl sound u have shares in nokia. crazy jerks

The Following User Says Thank You to oohhoo66 For This Useful Post:
Maybe a bit off topic, but exclamation marks should never travel in groups larger than one. Using more than a single exclamation mark instantly means you have completely lost each and every debate you do it in. So, this thread was doomed from the start.

For more advanced exclamation mark users, it may be noted that "disappointing n900" doesn't need any exclamation marks at all. None at all would have made the thread seem quite more reflected. Well, till you read the first post, possibly.

And now, back to the trolling/bashing!

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
@ Volt, excellent command of the English tongue regarding diction and punctuation. However, whilst I agree with the grammatical correctiveness of single exclamation marks there are certain times where multiples are called for, ie; to display incredulity rather than just plain surprise.

For example, "you callied me a troll!!!"

Or another, "you sh@gged my wife!!!"

Or, alternatively, "I have a plethora of green spots eminating from my undergarments and they itch!!!"

If only the troll had considered using no grammatical insurrections and proper English we may then be able to engage in a debate with aforementioned troglodyte into the reasons behind why he believe the N900 to be a disappointing device.

Shame.

The Following User Says Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Yes, I agree that exclamation marks can be used to imply high pitched shrieking. However, I am not convinced that there should be any shrieking in a forum, and by extention, again it means you have already lost the discussion.

As your examples demonstrates, really lost.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
@ Volt, excellent command of the English tongue regarding diction and punctuation. However, whilst I agree with the grammatical correctiveness of single exclamation marks there are certain times where multiples are called for, ie; to display incredulity rather than just plain surprise.

For example, "you callied me a troll!!!"

Or another, "you sh@gged my wife!!!"

Or, alternatively, "I have a plethora of green spots eminating from my undergarments and they itch!!!"

If only the troll had considered using no grammatical insurrections and proper English we may then be able to engage in a debate with aforementioned troglodyte into the reasons behind why he believe the N900 to be a disappointing device.

Shame.
Option A: feed the trolls (who will love you for it)
Option B: successfully use humour
Option C: attack someone's spelling, punctuation and grammar even though your own ain't exactly perfect

It looks like you're trying to participate in a discussion on the internet. Would you like some help?

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
full of sboj evets, on a troll ting, trolling is easy, trolling is fun, trolling is my bag baby, very worst thread ever, worst thread ever, would you like to shag