I've had this for some time in my cupboard and had no idea it was never released. I knew it was a prototype but only yesterday I googled what it was and I was really surprised to find out that it was never released and that wikipedia said "some rare ones come in a silver case; although they are marked "NOT FOR SALE", some were sold on eBay for more than €2,000." Mine isn't that valuable I'm sure, as it has suffered a bit (read below). I'm in a really bad place financially right now and I could really use some money. So I might sell it if anyone is interested in it.

The screws holding the battery case are missing, and so is the original battery and I'm testing it with a slightly too long battery from some lumia phone. Original screen protector is still on tho, and so is the camera lense protector plastic. There is 2 cut holes in the battery case for some reason, and some rubbery substance in one of them.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to velkkis For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Some collector might shell out 2k for that but I believe it'd need to be in pristine condition

Generally nice device but I have understood that not very practical, having some known weaknesses as a device-for-everyday-use.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Some collector might shell out 2k for that but I believe it'd need to be in pristine condition

Generally nice device but I have understood that not very practical, having some known weaknesses as a device-for-everyday-use.
I kind of like it, I love phones with a QWERTY keyboard and touch screen ^^

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to velkkis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
I don't know what is more stupid, the fact that an idiot did that to a N950, or the fact that he gave the phone away for free to a recycling center.

As a matter of interested - what is a new, boxed N950 worth these days?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Will be about ~2k€ if a collector is betting

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
I don't know what is more stupid, the fact that an idiot did that to a N950, or the fact that he gave the phone away for free to a recycling center.
Weel it is a prototype, so it might have had something connected to it that required gnawing holes in the device.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Weel it is a prototype, so it might have had something connected to it that required gnawing holes in the device.
I was thinking the same. Another proto of some older Nokia phone I have has a wire for a external antenna sticking out of it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velkkis For This Useful Post:
Bought a battery for this thing today

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velkkis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Hahaaha...
I think it's Fabulous...
it's like finding a Rembrandt at a garage sale!
Good for you man...
I dunno...though... starving in a ditch and keeping it would pass through my mind if it were me...
How often does a n950 ...let alone proto drop into anyone's lap by sheer fluky chance?
It's like the odds of farting, burping, hiccuping, sneezing, coughing, while getting struck by lightning, a crashing helicopter, falling space-station debris, a meteor, while driving in your Pinto (exploding gas-tank) which happens to be just picked up by a tornado after it had just broke down on the railway tracks with the amtrack () rolling out of control bearing down on you because the engineer just had a stroke...all while trying to get to the lotto center to pick up your winnings for 50 million

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Good for you, lucky man!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n950, nokia proto