Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I suppose I'm satisfied. I approve.

They weren't speaking Portuguese, they were speaking Brazilian-Portuguese! (Admittingly, they're somewhat different--but it isn't different enough to matter in that particular conversation.. but STILL!) Actually, I was trying to learn from them--not correcting them.
Haha, I knew it was one of those. Anyway, just pulling your leg! :-)

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
They weren't speaking Portuguese, they were speaking Brazilian-Portuguese! (Admittingly, they're somewhat different--but it isn't different enough to matter in that particular conversation.. but STILL!) Actually, I was trying to learn from them--not correcting them.
Yeah, I had that confusion too. Beware when they want you to join their Brazilian-dance, they're actually trying to kick you in your nuts from low-angle! So I try to learn from them, never ever try to correct them anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
English is a stupid language actually. It got lots of words, but virtually no grammar. Not that I like learning grammar, this is why English is easy to learn. But all this god damned words...
This coming from someone who doesn't appear to know how or when to use commas, doesn't know when to end a thought with a period and when not to use a period, and confuses tenses and articles. I'll bet for fun he likes to dangle his participles for everyone to see.

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Haha, I knew it was one of those. Anyway, just pulling your leg! :-)
I always assume as much. Especially online, it's far safer and saner to assume everyone is saying everything tongue-in-cheek, even the ones named ericsson.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I'm getting an n950 if it's anything like the specs that have been discussed, but obviously a better keyboard than n900 is a prerequisite.

Hopefully, some development time has been put into power management too... and killing processes that waste cpu time...

Originally Posted by Funklord View Post
I'm getting an n950 if it's anything like the specs that have been discussed, but obviously a better keyboard than n900 is a prerequisite.

Hopefully, some development time has been put into power management too... and killing processes that waste cpu time...
Sorry, your comment is not snarky enough for this thread. Please try again.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif

Fine, but how can you say that when you don't know the price? I'll sell you one right now for $15,000, ok? (There might be a slight shipment delay...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Fine, but how can you say that when you don't know the price? I'll sell you one right now for $15,000, ok? (There might be a slight shipment delay...)
Not to mention progress will make this device's modem irrelevant someday. Anybody still using an analog cellular network device, for instance? My last cell phone (which I'd bought back in 2004) still supported both analog and digital cellphone networks. I don't think anybody makes a cellphone handset that still supports cellphone anymore, for good reason. (OnStar enabled devices and vehicles still were up until last year when they suddenly realized mobile carriers were beginning to tear down analog cellphone systems nation-wide across the US. How quaint.)

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
But I know the price!
it will be paid by the blood of a thousand maemo developers...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Funklord For This Useful Post:
But I know the price!
it will be paid by the blood of a thousand maemo developers...
Here here... I see the bloodletting has already commenced in Finland. God help their poor, starving souls, quaking in fear together in the shadows hiding away from the piercing, furiously blazing eye of Sauron which stares down even while perched across the world in Redmond, Washington, where Balmer polishes and clutches onto the balding heads of upper management at Mount Microsoft.

....aaaand the snark is back.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
We can use conservative parameters by studying the ranges of parameters in datasheets of different battery cells in the same size class. I'm using 0.7C charge myself, which is the lowest rate I've seen mentioned in datasheets, and also I've never seen bme charge faster than that. 4.2V, because only only a handful of cells tolerate anything higher, and those are mostly used in laptops anyway afaik.

The open question is thermal, when it's too hot to charge and too cold to charge.
quick someone posted something that was actually insightful and relevant, bury it with more irreverent humor!

phew ok, this should do the trick:

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Tags
bada bing, bada rox, bada rulez, bada suckss, bada sux, lam bada, lol @ bada, nokia defiled, science fiction