Notices

No flash support?

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by phreck View Post
No flash support?
Flash is disabled as default because they are investigating some performance issues with flash and other plugins... but you can enable it from the settings. At least that's what read in the mozilla site.

The Following User Says Thank You to ezcola For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ezcola View Post
Flash is disabled as default because they are investigating some performance issues with flash and other plugins... but you can enable it from the settings. At least that's what read in the mozilla site.
Guess ill have to doublecheck thanks

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
For some reason the downloading speed of the update package is vvveeeeerrryyyyy ssslllooowwww... to say the least!
Hopefully I am the only one with this problem.

Originally Posted by ezcola View Post
For some reason the downloading speed of the update package is vvveeeeerrryyyyy ssslllooowwww... to say the least!
Hopefully I am the only one with this problem.
Nope, either the repo is overtaxed, or they didnt think to dedicate too much bandwidth to this. Slow for me too.

The Following User Says Thank You to phreck For This Useful Post:
Hint: In order to get Flash player enabled, simply enter to about:config and set "plugin.default_plugin_disabled" and "plugin.disable" to false. I just tried Youtube and seems to work pretty smooth. I think it works even better than in MicroB (try the fullscreen mode to see what I'm talking about), but it might just be placebo effect

The Following User Says Thank You to freemanamg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego
It's really fast now. It still hangs the N900 for 10 or more seconds but then the cpu usage goes down back to 1-3%.

@freemanamg Thank you! You just forgot to tell to restart the firefox (or some reason I had to).

I used to disable flash in the previous versions to get some performance back. This build is faster than that so they must have optimized more components.

Still can't compare to microB, but it's getting there. I can't wait to be able to use it fulltime and CTRL + click to open links in a background tab

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by freemanamg View Post
Hint: In order to get Flash player enabled, simply enter to about:config and set "plugin.default_plugin_disabled" and "plugin.disable" to false. I just tried Youtube and seems to work pretty smooth. I think it works even better than in MicroB (try the fullscreen mode to see what I'm talking about), but it might just be placebo effect
How do I change the value?

Originally Posted by mklass View Post
How do I change the value?
Select onscreen + press hardware enterkey

The Following User Says Thank You to Spartagek For This Useful Post: