Hey gusy today i drop my n9 from maybe 5-10 cm on back and display not working anymore no damage on display the phone is turned on i receiving calls sms fb notification but its black ... please help and sorry if the topic is on wrong place please ... :
touch works my friend called me and i answer to him ...

Last edited by Gizamkd; 2013-07-02 at 02:23.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by Gizamkd View Post
Hey gusy today i drop my n9 from maybe 5-10 cm on back and display not working anymore no damage on display the phone is turned on i receiving calls sms fb notification but its black ... please help and sorry if the topic is on wrong place please ... :
touch works my friend called me and i answer to him ...
Well, I see that You did add some important info about Your case - well done. AFAIK (do some reaserch Yourself) there are two connectors on N9 screen, where one is for touch and display, and second one is from proxymity sensor. So if in Yours the touch works, we can (we should, because You'll never find out without opening it) assume that it's not the connection issue here.
You might think about changing / repleacing the screen, do as many tests as You can think off, to narrow the fault to screen. If You will try to repleace it, here You have eBay seller who was checked by myself not so long ago, and some info about changin process:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=11

Read the whole thread (two pages only), You will find there few infos which You might need, like link to YT with mov how to dissasemble N9. Good luck.

P.S. I was changing the screen in my wife N9, like few weeks ago, I was so glad that I did good job and so on... and she droped again, bad girl ;-). You people should have them N9'ers wrapped in pilows :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post: