Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
a "mark to purge/[un,]install" field would be nice yes.
I think this thread belongs to "Applications", want it moved or does it need brainstorming? if brainstorming; please create a brainstorm item and read the links in my signature.

Maybe it should be moved to Maemo5 since it's something that should come by default in the app manager.

If you think it's possible to mod the app manager with an installable package, move it to applications.

Last edited by Bec; 2010-01-12 at 11:56.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Like to change it to "Improving App-Manager"? Maybe some others have further ideas.
Create a brainstorm item, please.

I think someone needs to port a native "synaptic" over for the N900. That would solve this problem. How is synaptic in Easy Debian for touch operation?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Like to change it to "Improving App-Manager"? Maybe some others have further ideas.
Create a brainstorm item, please.
"Improving App-Manager: download/Install basket" so everyone knows what the thread is about?
Please change it since the current tone is really not apropriate; "I didn't want it to sound like that".

Done, brainstorm link added: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ll_basket-002/

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Please add one or more solutions to the proposal, otherwise won't get out of the Sandbox. Also link from the Brainstorm proposal to this Talk thread. Thanks!

btw, your enhancement request is a duplicate of an old one, containing good technical detail inside:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=601

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Please add one or more solutions to the proposal, otherwise won't get out of the Sandbox. Also link from the Brainstorm proposal to this Talk thread. Thanks!

btw, your enhancement request is a duplicate of an old one, containing good technical detail inside:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=601
Done.. partly... I don't really know what solution to add since I'm not a dev; I don't know how relevant a theoretical solution would be since it has no foundation in programing...

We should ask the mods to merge the threads

lol mine is rubbish.