I can give the warning that android isn't any better. a family member asked me to sync theirs with outlook. with their horrible windows mobile phone it was as simple as plugging it in and watching activesync do its thing.

samsung offers a suite for android that would help if the handset was supported by it. solutions suggested by forums are to install thunderbird...get outlook's settings file from that. transfer those settings to some special app on the market. or just give up everything and make them run it through a google account. wait...what?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@anonymous,
I think that people are here talking about _BASIC_ features of e-mail app and itīs speed. Sync issues are pretty general on all devices when we go outside of sanbox where device was meant to be.

Here is some:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...e_email_client

btw. This brainstorm things just makes me sad. So sad :| Talking about potential.
http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/
And here is some more:
https://bugs.maemo.org/buglist.cgi?o...&product=Email

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
In devel was released a packet "QMF mail client". Did anybody try it?
GUI is not very finger-friendly...but probably it will be better.

I am having an issue with the stock e-mail client. my e-mails are being deleted autonomously. Last night when i checked my e-mail i was searching for one from a few weeks ago with some information i needed. Despite my best efforts i couldn't locate the e-mail. I did notice, however, the number of e-mails in the inbox. 410. This morning i opened it to search again for something else and this time my box said 380 messages total.

Does anyone know where, or why, my e-mails are disappearing to? Or better yet, how to get them to stop.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
how bad? its terrible! but not as dreadful as the Symbian email client........

you'll get the hang of it.....maybe...

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ThePooBurner View Post
I am having an issue with the stock e-mail client. my e-mails are being deleted autonomously. Last night when i checked my e-mail i was searching for one from a few weeks ago with some information i needed. Despite my best efforts i couldn't locate the e-mail. I did notice, however, the number of e-mails in the inbox. 410. This morning i opened it to search again for something else and this time my box said 380 messages total.

Does anyone know where, or why, my e-mails are disappearing to? Or better yet, how to get them to stop.
pop3 or imap?

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
I have done a search but can't find an answer. There seems to be a limit on the size of attachment you can send. What is it and can it be overridden?

Originally Posted by slender View Post
pop3 or imap?
pop3. It's my hotmail inbox. And i am PR1.3 with power-kernel.46.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by DaveQB View Post
I am wondering if it's the amount of email I have on my account.

I tried moving a lot out of my inbox into a folder, but I think it tries to check all folders. I'd say I have about 20,000 emails.

But I get the same issue with my work account which is small, like only about 5,000 emails.

I'd like to test it by turning off any folder checking, but there is no option for that

I am jealous of you chase15
Geez, delete some emails!! There should be no need to keep thousands and thousands of emails. Otherwise, if it's totally necessary, archive the 19,950 you don't use regularly.

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
Hello, My e-mail app keeps crashing because of some special characters present in the mail subject.
♏v̶̲̥̅ is the special character. Please check this issue.
Thank you