Notices

Thank you for the very useful application and more kudos for such neat layout.
Can you add WD Live?

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by hermes040 View Post
Can you add WD Live?
Yes! There are a couple of good config files in the LIRC collection, I'll add them to the list.

Thank you for the effort with Daewoo but sadly it doesn't work. There is some sort of commuication as the led on the tv is blinking but nothing happens. Maybe the TV is to old.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bangalore, India
Hello Copernicus,
I can't thank you enough for this wonderful app. Apps like these makes the N900 the real "smartphone".
I have a Philips Television which has a remote almost similar to http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/philips/26PFL5604H. For some reason, Pierogi is not working for this remote. I am not sure if this is due to any IR problem in my N900.
Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Thank you for the effort with Daewoo but sadly it doesn't work. There is some sort of commuication as the led on the tv is blinking but nothing happens. Maybe the TV is to old.
The TV is probably fine -- I've gotten a note from another Daewoo user that the keysets don't work with his TV either. Odds are good that the LIRC data just isn't complete enough (which is no surprise).

I'm digging into the data available on the www.hifi-remote.com website right now; they've got an astounding collection of keysets available, if you can just find the right file (and decipher it). I'll have a few more Daewoo keysets available for testing soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
@Copernicus... Brilliant app...thanks a ton and lots of respect..

Just out of curiosity wanted to know if there is any possibility to increase the signal strength of the IR transmitter.. just like we have a hack to increase the signal strength of the FM transmitter.. just in case..

nevertheless thanks again for the brilliant app..

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Never understood (qt)Irrecco while this application just worked after selecting panasonic keyset 1b. Didn't expect it to work as I have a really old TV( one with an big ***** :P ). Thank you =)

A cosmetic suggestion, make the keyset title on the main tab clickable to acces keyset settings. I tried twice to click to change keyset but that didnt work as it wasn't a button.

Originally Posted by shrijith1 View Post
I have a Philips Television which has a remote almost similar to http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/philips/26PFL5604H. For some reason, Pierogi is not working for this remote.
This is much more likely due to some fault of my coding than any problem of your N900 -- I'm really quite amazed that any of the Philips keysets are working at all. Philips uses a protocol ("Manchester Encoding" for those who are interested) that is completely different from most other protocols out there, and so I've had to write a completely different code path to support it. The problem is, I don't have a single Philips device to test on here, so I've been coding it completely blind! (The nice thing is that the Philips system is _much simpler_ than all the others; I don't know why everybody doesn't use it. They've probably got a patent on it or something.)

Ok, checking my code, Philips TV keysets 2, 2a, and 2b are using the RC6 protocol described in that LIRC file (and, in fact, I used that file when writing up the keysets). Let me take another look at it, see if I've got some settings mixed up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
About Philips, I have an HDD recorder, don't know any details but I can check later. I am really noob if it comes to IR... Anyway some keyset make the the recorder to Pick up something as I see it a LED turning on and off when pressing a button. However it doesn't do what it should do

Originally Posted by bipinbn View Post
Just out of curiosity wanted to know if there is any possibility to increase the signal strength of the IR transmitter.. just like we have a hack to increase the signal strength of the FM transmitter.. just in case..
Ah, that would be nice, but I don't think it's possible. At least not from me. I'm not much of a hardware guy -- the closest I get to it is through communicating with the device driver, and there's nothing in the driver I can tweak to increase the LED's power. (BTW, I've gotta admit, if you ever want to learn how to write code that works with a device driver in Linux, this is the device you want to start with -- it's gotta be the simplest mechanism ever. You turn the LED on. You turn it off. You turn it on again. You turn it off again. That's pretty much all you can do with it. I just love simple devices. )

From what I've seen, my N900's IR has pretty much the same range as most of my other remote controls, so I would guess there isn't much more to be done with it.

(BTW, there are lots and lots of "IR repeaters" and "IR->RF" devices out there to extend the range of standard remote controls, if you need more range for particular devices...)

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control