Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by CormacB View Post
I followed the instructions in the first post and I still get the error message the second time I do anything with the FM transmitter. Is it working properly for everyone else?
okay try this.
Open up Xterminal as root.

sudo gainroot

Type this first line in after you get the error message as soon as you see it, switch back to Xterminal and type:

chmod +x /usr/sbin/fmtxd
killall fmtxd
fmtxd -d

Then closed down your media player and go to Setting->FM Transmitter -> enable -> Done.

If you still get the error then re-run the:
killall fmtxd
fmtxd -d

Open up media player and play a music and go back to Setting -> FM Transmitter and enable it -> Done.

Now you should be able to enable it. Reboot may help as well

I got the error at first but after it enabled it got stucked at enable, then I run the killall command and restart FMTXD daemon and voila works! You have to have FM-Faker install at the last thing when you got the error run those commands and then install FM-Faker after that.

Once in a while you'll get the error message, just kill it and rerun the fmtxd and it should be fine

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-08-20 at 10:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
If in doubt, you struggled to get this working please revert back to the original fmtxd file

Reboot and it should be back to standard. But I can never go back to stock frequency after this I love the freedom!

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
I've just installed this on my UK N900, and first off, it works without FM faker as far as I am aware (certainly didn't tell me I couldn't switch on at 87.5) and in the UK we use 87.5 FM for radio here and not TV

Digital TV in the UK is up in the 400 - 600 mhz range if I recall rightly, and DAB 200 mhz range.

Hmm, seems to be working a bit better now, but I still am getting the error more frequently than I would like. Oh well.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
So this error message appears every time I try to turn off the fm transmitter. Any ideas on how to make it shut down properly?

i really recommend reading comment here http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD#comment-16 about lower frequencies

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Has anybody called you a DICK today?

Can I be the first?
what was this for? I am dick for warning you before doing something that might be illegal in ones country?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
what was this for? I am dick for warning you before doing something that might be illegal in ones country?
What's it to you? Why are you so very concerned, you're not here to "warn" anyone, you just want to be a dick. Maxximuscool already gave his disclaimer, and his great work made the front page of Maemo via thehandheldblog.com.

So take a minute and think, are you really here to warn people? You claimed you wanted to send Maxximus's info to the FCC.. and failed cause he's in another country.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Well I did and I also have a Warning!! sticker at the end of the post So my argument is perfectly valid.

If you obeying the law of the FCC then you should not be using FM-Transmitter at all. This is people rights, if they want to do anything to their device in their home without hurting anyone nor interfairing with any one then it is purely up to them to make their justify and decision. FM-Transmitter wasn't even legal in some European countries, but yet!!! FM-Faker is available for that reason, I don't see you reporting to FCC for FM-Faker. Nor reporting it to the authority in those European countries.

Again, this is absolutely the user choice! If you don't want to do it then it's you choice. N900 is a geeks device and hackering it is what it does best this is why people bought the N900 at the first place OPENSOURCE DEVICE!!
totally agree. the warning should be a lot more visible though. I myself have worked with some radio frequencies for a year (in army) and couldn't believe how strict the local law is for example tx:ing couple seconds to reserved frequencies.... come on it is less than 10km radius and still probably you get caught and go to court etc.

no one of you seem to realize how hard radio frequencies are protected.

as I said: I don't care what you do with your devices, but please don't ever never get caught for interfering reserved frequencies

now I can say to myself that you have been warned and stop arguing with your stupid rhetorics which doesn't apply in front of the judge anyway (but still you are engouraging fellow community members to proceed with it)
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
What's it to you? Why are you so very concerned, you're not here to "warn" anyone, you just want to be a dick. Maxximuscool already gave his disclaimer, and his great work made the front page of Maemo via thehandheldblog.com.

So take a minute and think, are you really here to warn people? You claimed you wanted to send Maxximus's info to the FCC.. and failed cause he's in another country.
damn you guys are stupid. read to which comment I replied about FCC reporting.

(hint: there maxximuscool made a new statement that messing with frequencies won't do you any harm)

so which one we should believe? initial warning or later comment that says there will be no problems?

the problem here is that some people give engouraging advice but won't stand behind their words if they are wrong. that is why I am here writing warnings.

(and as I said, some laws about reserved frequencies can be really unrealistic for your eyes)
Google Custom Search

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm