Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by helloct View Post
when I click enter on my keyboard, It open just leafpad (its like a blank terminal) and it's writed their (11) on the top.

If only someone could link a screenshot
Did you tap the TAB button on your xterm screen after typing 11? c'mon you gotta be kidding me!

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
when I click enter on my keyboard, It open just leafpad (its like a blank terminal) and it's writed their (11) on the top.

If only someone could link a screenshot
That's what Jacob (and also I) will be saying...and is the same error that most people make for this tutorial. After typing the command, up to the part where you type "multiboot.d/1"....remember: tap/press the "Tab" button that you see on your screen.

In Linux (particularly the Terminal), the purpose of the "Tab" button on the N900 (or the Tab key on your computer's keyboard) is for "auto-complete" of text. It kind of searches for a file that matches the initial characters that you have typed and if it finds it, it automatically completes typing it for you.

If you did not press/tap the "Tab" button, then your file will be saved as "11" only.

One other possibility is that you have tried installing NITDroid prior (with the incorrect step) and ended up saving a file that is named as "11" previously, so when you tried it the next time around - this time by pressing "Tab - you end up still with "11" because the Terminal "auto-completed" it for you and found an exact match of an already-existing file that is named "11". In such case, you may want to type the whole filename correctly, or verify if the files exists by installing and opening FileBox.

I'm downloading NITDroid via autoinstall, it's been downloading the installation files for almost half an hour now. Is this normal?

Edit: Yes, yes it is

Last edited by Parody; 2011-03-20 at 14:35.

Big thank to you all,
just download the video.
Will, take my time and proceed s t e p by s t e p
o n e by o n e.
It seems am too excited to put gingerbread on my n900. Thats why.... As it was not that difficult to install webos game on it.... ... See u next time. And thank u all again.

(oops, between, what is the tab button???, the blue arrow???)

sorry for my bad english.

Banned | Posts: 78 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Big thank to you all,
just download the video.
Will, take my time and proceed s t e p by s t e p
o n e by o n e.
It seems am too excited to put gingerbread on my n900. Thats why.... As it was not that difficult to install webos game on it.... ... See u next time. And thank u all again.

(oops, between, what is the tab button???, the blue arrow???)

sorry for my bad english.
tab button is on your TOUCHSCREEN IN XTERMINAL AT THE BOTTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you see it??????????????

Originally Posted by XxJacobxX View Post
Did you see it??????????????
why dont you simply link an screenshot???

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Hahaha! OMG... Chilax guys.

Helloct, the fact that you are asking for a screenshot means that the "Tab" "button" that we are referring to is not the "Tab - blue arrow" on the physical keyboard. We are referring to something on the screen of the N900 itself whenever you run/open X-Terminal. You will see "Tab" there. You said that you watched the video that I uploaded via YouTube. The video is 8 minutes long. Were you not able to see the "Tab" button the whole time?

warning: Only for dumbsters guide
do you see it?
Attached Images

Type
root
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11
then tap this Tab button
then click enter
You're a pain in the butt, seriously.

Tags