Notices

Sorry, I thought I would have tried it and it didn't work but you are right.
Why is www2sms listed in Tools category instead of Network when I use Catorise?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Cologne
Just wanted to say: thank you

Works fine for me with O2Germany.

For a period I had an error with "Failed to load 'Mein O2' " , but deleting the www2sms folder and reinstalling the app fixed it (after re-entering the settings ).

Nice work - keep it up...

The Following User Says Thank You to willi_iam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Just wanted to let you know that I am working on the next version of www2sms in which I will try to address the following, by users reported, glitches:

TODO:
  • after first install: launching via icon starts, does something, closes Well, I'll try my best but never could reproduce it
  • several text input boxes are of too small height, they cut something from the font
  • enter wrong (ie. misspelled password) account informations, no error message apears, instead it hangs forever win "18% ..." Well, it depends how the provider module handles the error. I'll ad a trap for this
  • Pressing a key long does repeat the character, not entering the blue key symbol (as is standard from firmware realese PR 1.2)
    Not sure about this, but I guess it should be possible, I'll see what I can do
  • Some minor english spelling problems, ie. the confirmation dialog "corecte number" or similar Indeed some typing errors, when I find them, I'll fix them
  • internation number format detection should be mad more robust: if the number is already stored in the format "+49179xxxx" then it is not recognized, yielding double +49 etc At least for o2online.de I could not reproduce this behavior. All my numbers are stored in the +49.. format and never got a double +49.
  • Why is www2sms listed in Tools category instead of Network when I use Catorise? You are right, Network is a better place, I'll move it.
  • Feature which selects automatically the first mobile phone number if a contact has more than one number? I think it is save to ignore the landline number completely
  • If something went wrong with sending the "Send" button will stay greyed out forever and it is not even possible to select the written text and copy it (for a backup). That's nasty, indeed, I guess I already know where the bug hides.
  • remaining SMS Good idea, I will show the remaining SMS as far as possible for each provider
  • contacts should be sorted like they are sorted in the address book Well, since the address book integration in python is somewhat hacky... I'll see what I can do, but don't expect it in the next release
  • search should support more than the first character I already hacked together som code for this. I'll see if I can implement it in the next version

And I got a patch for a new provider (Exetel Australia) which will be included in the next release.

Cheers
Bjoern

Last edited by blubbi; 2010-07-08 at 22:25. Reason: added some more lines to the ToDo-List

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
What do you think about the login in the background which would improve the waiting time for sending?
And I would also like to see the remaining SMS left for this month (I have 50 SMS for free with o2 Germany).
The contacts should be sorted like they are sorted in the address book (dynamically instead of fixed) and the search should support more than the first character (like it does in the address book as well).
Would this be possible?
Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
I added your suggestions.
Thanks for the reminder.

About the background login... I think this would require a lot of changes and I am not sure if this is a good Idea at all.
But I keep it on my mind.

Cheers
Bjoern

Last edited by blubbi; 2010-07-08 at 22:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
Sry guys, next release will take some more days.
When I was in my hollidays, my harddrive went bonkers (last thing I could do was a SMART check which revealed uncountable relocated sectors, after that I wasn't able to boot). So no hacking during my hollidays :-( (New HDD is ordered - There is very little choice when you need a old PATA disk....)

Then "Die Deutsche Lufthansa" ****ed up my flight back from Frankfurt to Leipzig/Halle and I had to rent a car to travel back. This ****ed up my last two days of vacation cause I was on my feet for over 30h so I spend most of time in bed catching up all the sleep I did not get.

I am sorry.

Cheers
Bjoern

Ouch, that is not a nice end of a holiday but thanks for the information.
Just take your time and enjoy your bed at home

Okay, here's the latest test code:

You might have to erase your database in "/home/user/MyDocs/www2sms/"

Here' a "changelog:
  • 1) #after first install: launching via icon starts, does something, closes# **FIXED**
  • 2) several text input boxes are of too small height, they cut something fromthe font
  • 3) enter wrong (ie. misspelled password) account informations, no error message apears, instead it hangs forever win "18% ..."*not reproducible*
  • 4) Pressing a key long does repeat the character, not entering the blue key symbol (as is standard from firmware realese PR 1.2)
  • 5) Some minor english spelling problems, ie. the confirmation dialog "corecte number" or similar
  • 6) internation number format detection should be mad more robust: if the number is already stored in the format +49179xxxx" then it is not recognized, yielding double +49 etc *Not reproducible*
  • 7) #Why is www2sms listed in Tools category instead of Network when I use Catorise? #**FIXED**
  • 8) Feature which selects automatically the first mobile phone number if a contact has more than one number? #**FIXED**
  • 9) If something went wrong with sending the "Send" button will stay greyed out forever and it is not even possible to select the written text and copy it (for a backup).
  • 10) remaining SMS
    #**More or less done for 02online after sending, the remaing SMS are shown**
  • 11) contacts should be sorted like they are sorted in the address book
  • 12) search should support more than the first character
  • 13) Add MutluSMS (TU) provider #**DONE**
  • 14) Add Exetel (AU) provider #**DONE**

Last edited by blubbi; 2010-07-26 at 06:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
Hello blubbi, can you add italian operator? It can be useful for italian user...

Thanks in advance

If they have a decent API (like MutluSMS. Very good documented and the person who made the request was so kind to translate all the stuff for me), someone is willing to act as a tester and translate stuff it is no problem.

If I have to scrape the Website like I do with o2online and Vodafone it is not possible without an account.

So providers without a decent API can only be added by people who have an account for the particular provider and some python knowledge.