Oh dear, accenture (!), meego dead. Depending on microsoft tech. Nice.

See also:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69057

Last edited by buurmas; 2011-04-28 at 18:34. Reason: fixed the link

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
“At Nokia, we have new clarity around our path forward..."

If Nokia has so much clarity, maybe they should dump the n950 now (maybe they have?) before too many people waste their time on that device and find there is no support. Sorry if I'm being a bit too cynical here...
no i agree, why would anyone buy something that it gotta being stop development after july 2012.

its the thing nokia it's failing to see, u can't convert 100% to a platform never happen. they will jump else ware especially when nokia now known of offering no support and dropping complete in less than a year.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
It should be so obvious to everyone now that Nokia are well on the way with Microsoft and Windows and MeeGo and Maemo have been dropped alltogether making way for future Windows OS.

As for the 950 it was only ever a passing thought by Nokia so i think we can safetly forget production will ever happen and just wait for what comes out of the merger.

We are in for quite a shock i am sure from Nokia but good or bad i hesitate on.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Well, I'm a proud owner of the Timex/Sinclair 2068, which was released shortly before the Sinclair computer became history. The funny thing is, it was a very nice computer, what with COLOR and all. So, if there ever is an N950, it might be worth buying.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Yes i agree Geneven and also for the N900 it is a great little computer that will only function as we programme it to do but what i like about it most is the what could be possible with nothing closed driver wise, only then could we see a device as capable of the Timex/Sinclair 2068.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Well, I'm a proud owner of the Timex/Sinclair 2068, which was released shortly before the Sinclair computer became history. The funny thing is, it was a very nice computer, what with COLOR and all. So, if there ever is an N950, it might be worth buying.
Well, given all the improvements and enhanced capabilities of the n900 made by the maemo community, if the n950 is a great device, you folks will make it greater and I would certainly buy it. That is, as long as it has a QWERTY keyboard...

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
None of this makes sense to me any more.

It's like Nokia is doing its best to piss people off, TBH.
Maemo 5, Windows 7 (for MCE, MS.Word+Endnote), Debian, Ubuntu, trying to get LibreOffice Writer+Bibus working properly with EndNote bibliography, given up trying to get MythTV working with AverMedia Galaxy DVB-S USB tuner. Linux & astronomy: http://mishastro.wikispaces.com/

Last edited by mishmich; 2011-04-28 at 11:58.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
[could be wrong but] the only difference I see is your Timex/Sinclair 2068 was probably made with good intentions. It is almost sure that N950 won't have that advantage!

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
Based on so little they achieved.. I don't think they'll be wanted. I would only hire
- microb developers
- voip developers
- maemo developers

The rest should find a new profession
Discussing this now could be a wrong time but I sort of understand and agree to your comment.

Just wished that some significant workforce to be put behind MeeGo. No hopes now! SAD

Tags
nokia = rats, whats nokia?