Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Nevermind, I run out of patience. I flashed it, rootfs only.
I lost every installed program like when I used NSU to update to PR1.1, but for the rest all my data wasn't even touched, I didn't even need to restore the backup.

And, most important thing, the issue is solved. I'm going through the reinstallation of my apps using Ovi Store right now.

You were right Arie, the flashing process was surprisingly easy, smooth and quick. I took safety for granted after your last post, but was pleasantly surprised from the rest

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
sorry for reviving this thread but I kind of have the same problem.

I cannot install or remove any app

When I try to uninstall an application it says:
Can't delete
Can't Uninstall
(enter app name)
When I try to install an application it says:
Can't install
Application incompatible with other installed applications

I thought I should check over here before I went ahead and flashed it. I am running PR1.3, Have Nitdroid installed, open mode kernel, N9 tweaks, a few status menu mods.

BTW I have tried both developer mode on and off but cannot find a way out of this mess.

Thanks for your help,
Noni

Last edited by nonikhanna; 2012-07-16 at 03:11.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Originally Posted by nonikhanna View Post

Can't delete
Can't Uninstall
(enter app name)
Can't install

I thought I should check over here before I went ahead and flashed it. I am running PR1.3, Have Nitdroid installed, open mode kernel, N9 tweaks, a few status menu mods.

BTW I have tried both developer mode on and off but cannot find a way out of this mess.

Thanks for your help,
Noni
Not sure if this answer helps, but there is a possibility the partition holding your apps has had corruption and the OS has made that partition READONLY to protect itself from further harm.

May I suggest you search this forum on how to fix this using fsck.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
could you explain in detail your status menu mods...for example system-ui used on pr1.2 is not compatible on pr1.3 hence resulting in such a similar error...

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
could you explain in detail your status menu mods...for example system-ui used on pr1.2 is not compatible on pr1.3 hence resulting in such a similar error...
I used the 3 System-UI mods by MohammadAG. Music player, Toggles, and the Brightness one. Followed them step by step. Didn't use the Repo though, did them manually.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84725
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85502
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84564

Those are the 3. Music Player one is recent so it shouldn't be that one.

Edit: I used the Open Mode procedure in the wiki for PR1.3.

@Ajack, Maybe it could be that. I tried to search for file system check, if i find something I will post it.

I found something but it seems for N900. Can this work on the N9?
sudo gainroot
umount /home/user/MyDocs
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs

Last edited by nonikhanna; 2012-07-16 at 04:41.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
hi!

i have a similar problem after reflashing with pr1.3 - everything worked fine at the beginning, but now i can't install or remove anything.

i tried removing status menu extension via n9qt to see the output, and it said "could not find file for packet bash. this could mean you have to fix it by hand (missing architecture)"

any ideas?

thanks!

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by dommau View Post
hi!

i have a similar problem after reflashing with pr1.3 - everything worked fine at the beginning, but now i can't install or remove anything.

i tried removing status menu extension via n9qt to see the output, and it said "could not find file for packet bash. this could mean you have to fix it by hand (missing architecture)"

any ideas?

thanks!
ok, it annoyed me and i reflashed it - no more problems (i also didn't use any backups and started from scratch this time). the problem could have been that i attempted to install n9qt without devmode activated...

Can't delete
Can't Uninstall
(enter app name)
Can't install

Thanks for your help,
Noni
you can try this code

$devel-su
password
#apt-get -f install

Can't delete
Can't Uninstall
(enter app name)
Can't install

Thanks for your help,
Noni
if you cannot install or uninstall/remove so try this code

#apt-get -f install

Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
I tried to search the forum for some thread on this issue, but couldn't find any... and I need some help!

Today my N9 suddenly started to refuse to install or uninstall anything. When trying to install from the Store, I get an "Unable to install due to an unresolved error" (I'm translating this from Italian, so sorry if it's not the exact wording). Same with deb installation from downloads/file manager. In Settings/Applications/Manage Applications I have a weird "No software installed" grey text on white background instead of the usual list of installed programs.

I tried to enable developer mode (luckily I already enabled it once in the past, so I didn't need to install any package, just enable it) to have access to the terminal, and tried a "apt-get -f install" after becoming root. This is what I get:

Code:
Reading package list... Error
W: Duplicate sources.list entry https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com ./ Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/downloads.maemo.nokia.com_harmattan_apps_._Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com ./ Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/downloads.maemo.nokia.com_harmattan_apps_._Packages)
E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: An error occurred while elaborating cutewiki (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists__usr_bin_osa%20--packages
E: The package list or the status file can't mbe read or opened
Again, some sentences are in Italian on my device, I tried to translate them as accurately as I could.

Does anyone have any idea about what's going on? How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.
try this code

$devel-su
root password
#apt-get -f install

enjoy...