I am looking for someone who has:
1.An N900 running Fremantle that's has rootsh installed (i.e. sudo gainroot in N900 xterm)
2.The ability to easily join a WiFi network that supports WiFi Protected Setup (my router is old and doesn't support this otherwise I could run this test myself)
and 3.Some knowledge of command prompt (if you know how to use dbus-monitor, thats even better)

What I need run as a test is as follows:
1.Create a file /etc/dbus-1/system-local.conf per this post
http://maemo.org/community/maemo-dev...dbus_messages/
2.Get to the location where you can connect to the WiFi Protected Setup WiFi network.
3.Disconnect from any network you are connected to
4.Open xterm on the phone
5.type these commands:
sudo gainroot
cd /root
dbus-monitor --system > dbus.log
6.Use WiFi protected setup to successfully connect to the wireless network.
7.As soon as you are connected, go back to xterm and ctrl-c dbus-monitor to stop the logging
8.Grab dbus.log and read it. Look for any dbus calls that involve com.nokia.wps_ui or com.nokia.eap and copy them.
9.Paste those com.nokia.wps_ui and com.nokia.eap commands into this thread or otherwise give them to me.

I need this information to help me reverse engineer these dbus interfaces (com.nokia.wps_ui in particular) and figure out how they work.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Hey Jonwil,
Here's all the dbus info I could get on com.nokia.eap atm.
Hope it helps.

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=2534 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
string "com.nokia.eap"
string ""
string ":1.1190"

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=2537 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
string "com.nokia.eap"
string ":1.1190"
string ""

--------------------------

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=2486 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
string "com.nokia.eap"
string ""
string ":1.1167"

signal sender=:1.1167 -> dest=(null destination) serial=8 path=/com/nokia/eap/signal; interface=com.nokia.eap.signal; member=auth_status
uint32 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Ilew For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Washington, DC
nothing for com.nokia.wps_ui, but I got one more message than the last post, so I'll contribute this as well:

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=344 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
string "com.nokia.eap"
string ""
string ":1.198"

signal sender=:1.198 -> dest=(null destination) serial=6 path=/com/nokia/eap/signal; interface=com.nokia.eap.signal; member=wps_success
array [
string "4130f207-a1c1-419a-9d97-344b43fde6c1"
]

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination)
serial=347 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
string "com.nokia.eap"
string ":1.198"
string ""

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=352 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
string "com.nokia.eap"
string ""
string ":1.201"

signal sender=:1.201 -> dest=(null destination) serial=8 path=/com/nokia/eap/signal; interface=com.nokia.eap.signal; member=auth_status
uint32 4

The Following User Says Thank You to FiSHBoY For This Useful Post:
Okay, now that I had more time to do this.. I got some more information.
One trying the Push method, and the other trying the Pin method.
Couldn't grep anything related to com.nokia.wps_ui though.
Let me know if you want me to try anything jonwil.

This is the Push method:
Code:
signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=3134 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string "com.nokia.eap"
   string ""
   string ":1.1457"

signal sender=:1.1457 -> dest=(null destination) serial=6 path=/com/nokia/eap/signal; interface=com.nokia.eap.signal; member=wps_success
   array [
      string "e02f42e8-9a24-4da6-98ac-cc31e5e69ef9"
   ]

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=3137 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string "com.nokia.eap"
   string ":1.1457"
   string ""

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=3142 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string "com.nokia.eap"
   string ""
   string ":1.1460"

signal sender=:1.1460 -> dest=(null destination) serial=8 path=/com/nokia/eap/signal; interface=com.nokia.eap.signal; member=auth_status
   uint32 4

and this one using the pin method:
Code:
signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=3204 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string "com.nokia.eap"
   string ""
   string ":1.1487"

signal sender=:1.1487 -> dest=(null destination) serial=6 path=/com/nokia/eap/signal; interface=com.nokia.eap.signal; member=wps_fail

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=3207 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string "com.nokia.eap"
   string ":1.1487"
   string ""

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=3212 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string "com.nokia.eap"
   string ""
   string ":1.1490"

signal sender=:1.1490 -> dest=(null destination) serial=6 path=/com/nokia/eap/signal; interface=com.nokia.eap.signal; member=wps_success
   array [
      string "d90cdaca-4ea0-42e3-be43-93bc0d3e216c"
   ]

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=3215 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string "com.nokia.eap"
   string ":1.1490"
   string ""

signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=3220 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string "com.nokia.eap"
   string ""
   string ":1.1493"

signal sender=:1.1493 -> dest=(null destination) serial=8 path=/com/nokia/eap/signal; interface=com.nokia.eap.signal; member=auth_status
   uint32 4

Last edited by Ilew; 2012-08-13 at 10:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ilew For This Useful Post:
ok, thanks.