Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Thanks, good to know.

You can set the Profile to "Don't change" value and then it doesn't touch profile nor volume. But do you specifically need ProfileMatic to change profile to ringing when arriving home, if it was silent, but not touch volume? I can do that, but I'm not 100% sure that the Harmattan platform doesn't touch volume in the meanwhile if profile was changed to silent/beep.
Hi,

I only used ring volume as example. Lets consider another scenario here with bluetooth settings:

Lets say in my home profile I have bluetooth set on ON, in default profile its OFF.

SO, I am at home(profile set by wifi network ), on a call via my bluetooth headset. Now I start waling out of my home , and as soon as I am out of my WiFi range, it will switch to default profile, and turn off bluetooth and no more bluetooth headset !!

Instead now, if I could set bluetooth to "Do Not Change current status" in the Default profile, I could continue to use bluetooth headset while walking away from my home.

PS: Again this behaviour is from Nokia Situations, where I can set a specific setting to "Do not change" . I quoted the bluetooth example as, previously on my N8, I had mistakenly set bluetooth to OFF in the Office profile, which caused bluetooth in car to get disconnect when I was within a mile of the Office (Rule based on Cell ID!) . Later , I set bluetooth to OFF only in "Night " profile and all other profiles had "Do not change" , so during the day I controlled bluetooth, but at night profile after 11pm (Night profile was time based), bluetooth was off without me having to worry about turning it off to save battery !

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Hi,

I only used ring volume as example. Lets consider another scenario here with bluetooth settings:

Lets say in my home profile I have bluetooth set on ON, in default profile its OFF.

SO, I am at home(profile set by wifi network ), on a call via my bluetooth headset. Now I start waling out of my home , and as soon as I am out of my WiFi range, it will switch to default profile, and turn off bluetooth and no more bluetooth headset !!

Instead now, if I could set bluetooth to "Do Not Change current status" in the Default profile, I could continue to use bluetooth headset while walking away from my home.
But there is a "Do not change" option for BlueTooth. That's the default for the "Default Rule". I think I'm misunderstanding something here, but I think ProfileMatic does exactly what you're describing? At least that's what I've intended, unless there is a bug.

Ajalkane can you please add a feature that enable rule by NFC tag , that will great because we could have tags in place without wifi or same location like cars or bikes etc

The Following User Says Thank You to e0x For This Useful Post:
But there is a "Do not change" option for BlueTooth. That's the default for the "Default Rule". I think I'm misunderstanding something here, but I think ProfileMatic does exactly what you're describing? At least that's what I've intended, unless there is a bug.
Hey, sorry, its my mistaek, I am still on v1.2. I ll report back with 1.3 soon .

Originally Posted by e0x View Post
Ajalkane can you please add a feature that enable rule by NFC tag , that will great because we could have tags in place without wifi or same location like cars or bikes etc
Hi,

support for NFC tags has been in my plans. But I need N9 first (only have N950, which doesn't have NFC).

But when I can afford N9 I will work on it.

Hi,

support for NFC tags has been in my plans. But I need N9 first (only have N950, which doesn't have NFC).

But when I can afford N9 I will work on it.
is the source code available ?

Originally Posted by e0x View Post
is the source code available ?
Yes, ProfileMatic is released under GPL. Check 1st post on this thread.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Thanks for this app which works great.
The location-based (cell-id) rule is nice and adds a very useful feature for me. I am sure you know that but in practice, the only drawback is that even sitting at the same position (at work) everyday it took some days before I ended up with stability.
After having collected the location, I ended up during the day with surprising non-silent profile while it should have been silent. I realized that actually 3 cell id should be entered to cover the seat at my desk!

So thanks again for the wonderful app. But maybe you should make even clearer that a position may be covered with more cell id than only 1.

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Thanks for this app which works great.
The location-based (cell-id) rule is nice and adds a very useful feature for me. I am sure you know that but in practice, the only drawback is that even sitting at the same position (at work) everyday it took some days before I ended up with stability.
After having collected the location, I ended up during the day with surprising non-silent profile while it should have been silent. I realized that actually 3 cell id should be entered to cover the seat at my desk!

So thanks again for the wonderful app. But maybe you should make even clearer that a position may be covered with more cell id than only 1.
Thanks for the feedback.

Do you have suggestion how that information should be presented so that it would be clear? I used to have that information in the gray help text below, but seems it got left out in some refinement. Would it be enough to be mentioned there, or should I try to squeeze it into some more prominent place, for example into where it says "Current cell <somenumber>"?

@ajalkane I know you already looked at setting flight mode, but you seemed to hit some aegis problems, but I just saw this thread about a toggle flight mode app and wondered how it get's round aegis, maybe this could help profilmatic be able to set flight mode during night time profile?

Code:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82331

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post: