Notices

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oulu - Finland
QtIrreco is the Qt version of Irreco. Like Irreco, QtIrreco can be used to control infrared controllable devices such as TV's, digiboxes and amplifiers. User interface is designed to be used with finger. Some UI elements are however difficult to use with finger, because Qt 4.5 isn't entirely Hildon compatible. They will be fixed when Qt 4.6 is fully released.

As harriva wrote in the Irreco thread:
"Controlling any device requires that some good soul has recorded it's remote controller in first place.
No much sense of bothering to install at all if your device isn't supported so check first.
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/
Lirc command database (^that there) isn't that comprehensive (+2000 devices), so good luck with it. Some models made by the same manufacturer work with similar devices, so maybe give it a try. Additionally you can try recording your remote with IR equipped computer or with external IR receiver.
Installing LIRC for recording remote controls on a ThinkPad @Youtube.com"

You can find tutorial video about making a new remote here.

QtIrreco is still under testing so it might be a little unstable at times.

QtIrreco is currently available in extras-devel.

-jmh

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to jmh For This Useful Post:
I just tried it on my thomson tv with the remote rct4130s and i was just able to change the volume of the sound, nothing else

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oulu - Finland
Originally Posted by tangs View Post
I just tried it on my thomson tv with the remote rct4130s and i was just able to change the volume of the sound, nothing else
Maybe there is something wrong with the lirc configuration file. We will look into this when we get the time/chance.

Originally Posted by tangs View Post
I made new remote config file with universal remote. Please try thomson 21CT180S.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
hi,

i like the irreco app, it works for all the devices in my house expect for my panasonic plasma TV it's a TX-P46G10. I found some codes on the FTP of Panasonic, but how can i get this into a file that is supported by irreco?

Here is the link for the ir codes: ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasoni...oCCFformat.pdf

Thnx,

Martijn ( Holland)

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Eugene, Or
bump.

Any idea when this program will make it out of testing?

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I love this idea using it as a remote. Even though I have not tried it yet. I love the flexibility of the N900...

I tried qtirreco but it does not seem to emit ir signals at all. is there a softare dependancy that is needed to make this run.

ehab
http://ehab.blog.mashy.com

It does not support Samsung BN59-00696A!! How do i get it to work? I mean it supports a whole bunch of BN59.....but not the 00696A.

Edit: Nevermind..i got it working now.

Last edited by romanianusa; 2009-12-25 at 17:50.

has ne else tried it on a sky+ box?? myn doesnt seem to work, amy1 else hav the same problem??

Tags
irreco, qtirreco