Active Topics

Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
Can somebody make a .torrent or a magnet link for the image? I have fairly fast internet speed but the image is taking over an hour to download about 45MB.
Thats strange, 150 Mbit/s bandwidth on this server....
I just checked, the speed was about 1Mb \ s, at home I have not a very good internet connection and this is the limit for him. So everything should be fine ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SourenAraya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
I'm getting this too. I'm seeing some user services failing that I didn't with my own Nemo upgrade.

Code:
[root@localhost etc]# systemctl --failed
UNIT                        LOAD   ACTIVE SUB    JOB DESCRIPTION
dev-mtp.mount               loaded failed failed     FFS mount
bme-rm-680-bin.service      loaded failed failed     BME for N9/N950
lock-ls-mem.service         loaded failed failed     Lock lipstick libr
aries
n950-ply...t-update.service loaded failed failed     Update omap displa
y
start-us...ion@USER.service loaded failed failed     User Session in US
ER mode
user-session@100000.service loaded failed failed     User Manager for 1
The journalctl says something about the password for nemo being expired. Could the bad date be the problem? It resets itself to 1970 at every boot.
yeah sound very well like an idea.

Another issue with time is I got bad cert when zypper ref and that def was because wrong time.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by plourde View Post
Originally Posted by vgrade View Post

Latest ks at

https://github.com/martinbrook/jolla-n950-kickstart

Contributions welcome

vgrade

image updated

Sorry for the noob question, this is the real sailfish os here and not the sdk correct? What is the kickstart image? In this version do I need to install Nemo first? I have been bouncing around trying to get information about all this from here and the Nitdroid forums. Thanks again for all the help
kickstart file makes an image from selected packages. You need sailfishsdk or merplatformsdk to make an such image.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
will this be the same as stated here? http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1232.0

claims that calling works etc

Problem: nothing provides contextkit-plugin-kbslider needed by pattern:jolla-hw-adaptation-n9-0.6.21-10.29.2.jolla.noarch

Anyone know what might provide this?

How do I install the Moslo kernel, do i flash it? I have been looking for it and found a few it seems could you direct me to the correct one please, before Moslo kernel do I need to flash openmode? Thanks

Im stuck on what to do for the Moslo kernel

The moslo kernel i see is an .rpm file i am sure I am looking in the wrong spot

Is this the kernel I need to flash

https://toosa.swagman.org/svn/sillykbd/TRUNK/moslo/ the zimage

Last edited by plourde; 2013-12-08 at 02:53. Reason: ....

How do I install the Moslo kernel, do i flash it? I have been looking for it and found a few it seems could you direct me to the correct one please, before Moslo kernel do I need to flash openmode? Thanks
Yep, flash it as per maemo ubiboot wiki page.

I used: moslo-0.0.13.2-1.5.Nemo.Adaptation.N9xx.armv7hl.rpm (md5: 6e33b976ecdc65668b61b759ea417316)

md5sums:
b2989efd1a689190a6caa8cf7c72e632 ./initrd-moslo
b24cfcabe7130d9db98973aab6b2be63 ./moslo.img
355a22ebcef8fd8f7fd804350b47cda9 ./moslo-rootfs.tar
98f5347f3553e2eec49b2a37d7b64932 ./moslo-version
b71009342c9d077d6e42c27a9f02e425 ./zImage-moslo

Note: When in developer mode, DO NOT ENABLE FRAME RATE DISPLAY. It causes random colour drawings on the screen, making it impossible to disable. I managed to solve by delete /home/nemo/* (couldnt be bothered to try and find the correct config file/value causing it)

Last edited by Nad; 2013-12-08 at 03:04.

Sorry to keep bothering, do i need the nemo handset image as well? as stated on ubiboot page
wget -r -l1 -nd --no-parent -Amoslo-0.*.rpm http://releases.nemomobile.org/snaps...mv7hl/armv7hl/
rpm2cpio moslo-*.armv7hl.rpm | cpio -vidu
sudo flasher -k usr/share/moslo/zImage-moslo -n usr/share/moslo/initrd-moslo -l -b

I need to install the handset image as well correct?

Last edited by plourde; 2013-12-08 at 03:00.

Sorry to keep bothering, do i need the nemo handset image as well? as stated on ubiboot page
wget -r -l1 -nd --no-parent -Amoslo-0.*.rpm http://releases.nemomobile.org/snaps...mv7hl/armv7hl/
rpm2cpio moslo-*.armv7hl.rpm | cpio -vidu
sudo flasher -k usr/share/moslo/zImage-moslo -n usr/share/moslo/initrd-moslo -l -b

I need to install the handset image as well correct?
No nemo image needed if you download souran's vgrade image

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Can anybody give a list of what is working and what is not? Before I install the OS, I'd like to know what I can and cannot do with it. Also, what are any bugs/errors that pop up when using it in every day use?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My other questions are:
1. How much space do I need for a successful installation? I have 5 gigs of Music and only like 3.5 GB left on my phone (16GB N9)
2. Will the music carry over or will I have to copy the music to the new partition?
3. @Nad - Can you give a bit more information on your tutorial you wrote on the last page? Like: 1. Where I can find the openkernel and the stock kernel; 2. In step 7, which is better? The VM or actually running the OS (I'm assuming you want me to run linux for this tutorial);

4. I am totally in over my head with this, so is it possible for somebody to kind of talk me through it or at least write a very in-depth tutorial for it? Piecing together the tutorials from different areas is quite confusing.

Last edited by Shadwblade2652; 2013-12-08 at 04:31. Reason: Added Second Q.

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish