Notices

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
In sailfish links doesn't open the browser (xdg-open http...). No browser in the emulator so you probably just forgot to fix it.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Very worrying behaviour that should be either off by default or at least toggable in 'My profile':
That popup at the top about updates? I always assumed clicking it will take you to the updates page to make the decision. Since it never worked as I assumed, left it for the 5 seconds today and to my surprise it went and installed new updates without any interaction... wth? If someone pushes bricking update and connection lagged when someone started warehouse and then went to make a tea in the kitchen he would return to a bricked Jolla. Not cool. Please make it 'opt in'. Current behaviour (installing things without any active confirmation from user, passive 5 second cancel is fine when action was started by the user) some would classify as malware.

(sorry if above is harsh sounding, love the app please keep at it, awesome stuff. Would love to see this -devel thing replacing our extras-testing, as we have now Jolla store which would be real tested extras + all the untested stuff in Warehouse as -devel, why not make a sub-selection of apps that got enough thumbs ups/positive feedback from people installing it that would work like extras-testing? Positive feedback = not bricking, not yet ready for Jolla store, but people tested/liked it? We'd be back in N900 heaven (then again, ghost accounts thumbing up en masse to push malware as -testing could be a concern...))

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Very worrying behaviour that should be either off by default or at least toggable in 'My profile':
That popup at the top about updates? I always assumed clicking it will take you to the updates page to make the decision.
It does exactly what you assumed. But since this is a remorse item, if you click, page won't open, and if you wait, it will be opened.

Warehouse does not install or update anything automatically. The only thing is enabling self-update channel (adding own repository for updates) at startup.

Since it never worked as I assumed, left it for the 5 seconds today and to my surprise it went and installed new updates without any interaction... wth?
This could not happen.

Please take a look at post #213.
Update popup is only a shortcut to page "Available updates" which can be opened as -> "My Profile" -> "Show updates".
Even when you are at "Updates", you have to manually select packages for update, and wait extra remorse timeout for action to be queued and executed.

why not make a sub-selection of apps that got enough thumbs ups/positive feedback from people installing it that would work like extras-testing? Positive feedback = not bricking, not yet ready for Jolla store, but people tested/liked it? We'd be back in N900 heaven (then again, ghost accounts thumbing up en masse to push malware as -testing could be a concern...))
Those subsections will be done in future, with extra marks like 'Harbour tests passed' or whatever else will be implemented.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
This could not happen.
But it did, I opened warehouse, waited for the 5 second banner to disappear but it went into updates page and the 'current action' display was already running, few seconds later there were no updates available.

edit: the other possibility is warehouse triggering update banner and activity reporting on Jolla store's activity, which was updating kitchen timer around that time, maybe warehouse thought it was its pkcon process running, will test when another update shows up

Last edited by szopin; 2014-01-22 at 06:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
edit: the other possibility is warehouse triggering update banner and activity reporting on Jolla store's activity, which was updating kitchen timer around that time, maybe warehouse thought it was its pkcon process running, will test when another update shows up
That's exactly what happend. As I mentioned before, warehouse(at it current version) display whole package kit queue. So if you start install/uninstall/update/refresh from store or even console, warehouse will display, that there is already pending actions, that should be completed.
In future version, all queued transcations will be named, so you will be able to see, what exactly is queued, and will be executed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Thanks, the behaviour was exactly as if warehouse triggered the install messages itself after no reaction to banner, and then no updates available screen just to reassure one it's all done, bit worrying. Glad it was just a misdirection, like with the banner Why not have it the other way around, if you want those updates clicking should get you there, waiting doesn't make sense, if you don't want to you just keep scrolling through the list for 5 seconds ignoring it, for me seems kinda backwards

if you want those updates clicking should get you there, waiting doesn't make sense, if you don't want to you just keep scrolling through the list for 5 seconds ignoring it, for me seems kinda backwards
It's all becouse of default remorse item have 'Tap to cancel' sign under the main text. Need to reimplement it, so it will be used as expected: "tap to proceed"

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Minor update Warehouse for SailfishOS v0.2-10

Minor UI improvements, extended app info: votes and downloads count, all transactions in queue should be named, so you will know what is going on here.
If any updates available, popup will be shown, with notice "Tap to proceed". It will open updates page, If clicked.

1) 2) 3) 4)
  • 1) Downloads count and votes count at application info
  • 2) Shortcut for "check updates" added to pull menu.
  • 3) If update already queued, it will be shown with busy indicator
  • 4) Profile page shows all queued transactions at package kit. No more unnamed "pending" info

Sometimes, on my N9, list scrolling of recent apps freezes and hangs the entire application (with 100% cpu usage). Please test with real jphone, if this really occurs, or just my problem.

Last edited by Custodian; 2014-01-26 at 17:43.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
Sometimes, on my N9, list scrolling of recent apps freezes and hangs the entire application (with 100% cpu usage). Please test with real jphone, if this really occurs, or just my problem.
Yes, this happens on Jolla (but not on jphone) as well, but it doesn't show any error messages in the terminal. All you need to reproduce is to scroll fast up and down.

Thanks for the update though!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Yes, this happens on Jolla (not jphone though) as well, but it doesn't show any error messages in the terminal. All you need to reproduce is to scroll fast up and down.
It's a pity. Bugs in Qt5+Silica are huge pain
I'll remove update for now. Will release 0.2-11 when fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:

Tags
app store, application, awesomeness, client, harmattan, immortalmeego, repository, sailfish os