Another The One Ring status update:

What works
Full texting conversation in empathy

Setting of presence works in empathy
  • Available - frequency of checking of new texts based on activity
  • Busy - Checks for new texts every X minutes
  • Hidden - Do Not Disturb

Bunches of bugs were fixed
  • Closing and re-opening of chat windows (empathy)
  • Switching between Available and Offline repeatedly
  • etc

Known issues:

Empathy now shows TheOneRing as being capable of making calls but for some reason it never actually makes the call. I'm still investigating this.

On startup, might show previously shown messages

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Sorry, but I am trying to use Dialcentral for the first time. I don't know how and where to registration for Dialcentral. Is the login and paswd the same of Maemo.org TALK? I have a N810 and my Dialcentral package is up to date. Can Someone help me? Sorry for my poor English but I am a Brasilian user and I speak Portuguese. Thanks in advance. Antonio Carlos.

DialCentral uses Google Voice so you have to get an invite, there is an invite thread on this forum you can ask for one there.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
epage:
Just saw that TheOneRing was in -devel
How are thngs coming? I played around a bit and saw that I could create contact fields for gvoice, but once I tap one it takes me to the VOIP and IM accounts screen. There doesn't seem to be a way to create an account for Google Voice though.
Also (just fyi) the phone icon is too large for that contact field (it cuts off the text up to "Voice") and it only adds one button to the contact, not a "call" and "sms" button.
If there's anything in particular I can test for you just let me know, and thanks again for creating such a promising application.

The Following User Says Thank You to jiiv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by jiiv View Post
epage:
Just saw that theonering was in -devel
how are thngs coming? I played around a bit and saw that i could create contact fields for gvoice, but once i tap one it takes me to the voip and im accounts screen. There doesn't seem to be a way to create an account for google voice though.
Also (just fyi) the phone icon is too large for that contact field (it cuts off the text up to "voice") and it only adds one button to the contact, not a "call" and "sms" button.
If there's anything in particular i can test for you just let me know, and thanks again for creating such a promising application.
stay out of devel

epage:
Just saw that TheOneRing was in -devel
How are thngs coming? I played around a bit and saw that I could create contact fields for gvoice, but once I tap one it takes me to the VOIP and IM accounts screen. There doesn't seem to be a way to create an account for Google Voice though.
Also (just fyi) the phone icon is too large for that contact field (it cuts off the text up to "Voice") and it only adds one button to the contact, not a "call" and "sms" button.
If there's anything in particular I can test for you just let me know, and thanks again for creating such a promising application.
Now that I've got that out of the way. I am doing testing right now trying to figure out how to get RTCom to allow me to create a new account with it. I didn't even look to see if its appeared anywhere else though....

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Also (just fyi) the phone icon is too large for that contact field (it cuts off the text up to "Voice") and it only adds one button to the contact, not a "call" and "sms" button..
This got me thinking and I went ahead and investigated it. I think I know now how to create buttons all 4 buttons for the user, Call/SMS for GV/Tel. Even if I still don't know how to create accounts, I guess I'll go ahead and get this in

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Is anyone at all able to make or receive calls using gizmo/sipphone account in RTCOMM? My tablet will ring and the internet call app opens, but nothing is heard.

Originally Posted by epage View Post
stay out of devel
Bah, us meddling kids never listen to that sort of thing.
Consider me warned but unrepentant. I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm not expecting a shiny and cuddly user experience till it hits extras

Last edited by jiiv; 2009-12-27 at 07:49.

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Is anyone at all able to make or receive calls using gizmo/sipphone account in RTCOMM? My tablet will ring and the internet call app opens, but nothing is heard.
Sounds like maybe a routing problem or something with the Gizmo SIP setup. Which tablet are you using, and what are your settings like for that account?