Finally we have thread for this.
This made HUGE difference on my N900 and pretty much extended it's life for a year.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
I got a problem with Panorama app . When the phone is overcloking , the app start normally but it just show a black screen , Hoever I still can take photo and create panorama . When I go back to normal clock , the problem has gone

Is there any tool to check the current cpu clock frequency?

I didn't notice any speed improvement @1,1GHz, but luckily there is also no measureable power consumption increase in idle mode. Still around 20ma with Wifi on and IMs online.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky View Post
Is there any tool to check the current cpu clock frequency?

I didn't notice any speed improvement @1,1GHz, but luckily there is also no measureable power consumption increase in idle mode. Still around 20ma with Wifi on and IMs online.
Just read the thread through can you can see what file to cat. By default idle runs at 300Mhz, if you don't force min frequency with scaling_min_freq.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Just read the thread through can you can see what file to cat. By default idle runs at 300Mhz, if you don't force min frequency with scaling_min_freq.
Do you know what's the default CPU governor (e.g. on demand or interactive) for N9?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bnwg View Post
Do you know what's the default CPU governor (e.g. on demand or interactive) for N9?
default is ondemand, you can switch to performance by:

echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by pipould View Post
Problem is to define "when the phone is stable"...

Could go up to 1.2 without the smart ref command but how could it be possible to know if the phone is stable.. Tried Grand turismo on psx emulator, nothing more...
Just like overclocking a PC, you let the CPU usage high at ~100% for at least 15 minutes, no reboots + no hiccups = profit.

I'm pretty sure PSX Emu stresses the CPU that much so I guess you're fine.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
default is ondemand, you can switch to performance by:

echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
Thxk rainisto. I think ondemand is good for me at this moment
Instead I would like to play around the value for up_threshold and sampling_rate to see if the device will get more "responsive". Of course I know it will squeeze more juicy in return.

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Just like overclocking a PC, you let the CPU usage high at ~100% for at least 15 minutes, no reboots + no hiccups = profit.

I'm pretty sure PSX Emu stresses the CPU that much so I guess you're fine.
Indeed, I have several OC on desktop conf (Opteron 170 @ 3.3Ghz, Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz etc...)... But I'm a real noob concerning oc a smartphone ("lol")... So I just launched PSX guessing it would be fine

Well my script is a fail...

If someone wants a nice qml UI we could link to a live setting of freq/voltage I can do it... But i'm definitly missing of knowledge in meego harmattan scripts&user rights...

The Following User Says Thank You to pipould For This Useful Post: