Active Topics

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
ok, here is the niqbal theme Nš5 with a few fixes/improves.

All credits goes to niqbal, as i used his awesome, elegant and good looking, light and understandable design.

As a note: this is not a modification of niqbal's theme, but a complete remake using the default PR1.3 (and of course, a lot of code from niqbal's). No bugs so far, but just was tested in my phone.

fixes/improves:

- PR1.3 autoscroll up while writing a sms which exceeds the 2 lines. see here

- Fixed autoscroll down to the new reply when conversation is the active window. see here and here

- Portrait friendly (obviously)

- Fixed my previous bug, where bubbles never reach the end in landscape, because the 80% of portrait is not the same of 80% of landscape =P. see here

so, this is how it looks with marina theme

it was tested just by me, so a little feedback would be appreciated

---------------------------------------

Edit: added niqbal's corrections
Attached Files
File Type: zip niqbal N5 pr1.3 portrait v2.zip (9.8 KB, 345 views)

Last edited by Harick; 2011-08-27 at 14:36.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
@Harick, lovely but if you don't mind

Alignments are off. try to align self - avatar + message to other - message + avatar.
Text is not centered inside the bubble. A few pixels up should center it.

else its beautiful. Since firefox sucks at js calculation. I found light weight themes to be the most usable Cheers

----------

i just realized that since now we've portrait support. all the themes do rotate wrong in portrait. i am glad you fixed it for portrait

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-08-27 at 11:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Harick View Post
something i'm working on...

for all the marina fans, a marina conversation

Note.: you'll notice a huge, and when i say huge, i mean HUGE gap between some messages, i don't know why is this, trying to find something in the js file but not success so far, maybe i'm missing something in the css code, if someone has some css knowlegde and knows how to solve it, please let me know

EDIT.: Update:
- added pr1.3 scroll on texting
- somehow i managed to reduce the gap between messages, but the space inside the bubble stills there, now it doesn't bother that much

http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...1&d=1300237145

http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...1&d=1300237155
Sir Harick, Can you please update this beautiful Marina theme that you made. Just like how you updated the previous post. With the automatic scrolling to the new message received.

Last edited by naughtykain; 2011-08-27 at 16:24.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
this seems like the best place to ask. I have a problem with rotation in the new IM window. I have forced rotation enabled, so I can see the conversations app in portrait mode. It all works well, except for when going into the new IM window.

in landscape mode, it works perfectly. As soon as the phone moves into portrait mode, it no longer shows the online contacts first. instead it lists all the contacts in alphabetical order starting with the letter A etc, with a list of letters on the right. The problem with this is that it doesnt put online contacts first, which makes the "new IM" feature useless in portrait.

I have attempted the conversations mod too, which didnt help. I cant take a screenshot as the keyboard has to be closed to get portrait mode. ideas?

i read the first few pages of the post but i want able to understand shyt...i rly like the idea of the avatar being on opp sides and the way the whole thing looks with it......

so is there a non geeky way of doing it?i mean can someone please explain me how to make this possible without being a genius programmer/developer like u guys???

recently updated it with the cssu update...love it!!

plz HELP! much appreciated!

thnx in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to toxicated For This Useful Post:
Who can create N9-like Conversation Skin?
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phargan For This Useful Post:
Hi buddies,

which files (html, js and/or css) files needs to modify for customize main conversation window / list. The list of all last messages with name, date, icon that comes when we click on Converations from Network menu.

I might have overlooked if has been answered

Thanks

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
Originally Posted by Harick View Post
ok, here is the niqbal theme Nš5 with a few fixes/improves.

All credits goes to niqbal, as i used his awesome, elegant and good looking, light and understandable design.

As a note: this is not a modification of niqbal's theme, but a complete remake using the default PR1.3 (and of course, a lot of code from niqbal's). No bugs so far, but just was tested in my phone.

fixes/improves:

- PR1.3 autoscroll up while writing a sms which exceeds the 2 lines. see here

- Fixed autoscroll down to the new reply when conversation is the active window. see here and here

- Portrait friendly (obviously)

- Fixed my previous bug, where bubbles never reach the end in landscape, because the 80% of portrait is not the same of 80% of landscape =P. see here

so, this is how it looks with marina theme

it was tested just by me, so a little feedback would be appreciated

---------------------------------------

Edit: added niqbal's corrections

FROM WHERE do you fetch self avatar???? is it from data from "my information", or you must put manually self avatar????

Originally Posted by neboja View Post
FROM WHERE do you fetch self avatar???? is it from data from "my information", or you must put manually self avatar????
manually add a file named avatar.png (64 x 64 pixels) to /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html

Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
Hi ya'll,

How do i apply the patch described here?

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11976

Thanks!

WOW!! amazing work. more updates!!

Tags
bada rox, his lunchbox