Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
let me know when you find a fix qole.
I wouldn't mind using mypaint to do some works of art....
Mypaint is too technicall for me when it comes to messing with the brush options.

hmmm, i do remember dropping my device a couple of times....but that can't be the issue.....oh how i wish mtpaint made use of pressure sensitivity.
wonder if mtpaint would point out the same issue.

edit.....
what i find really strange is that i can use my finger with no type of force in that area the stylus doesn't work and get it to work.
so if it was a hardware problem wouldn't using even a finger not work.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????

Last edited by unique311; 2008-04-16 at 00:35.

Interesting... I have a dead spot while using mypaint, in roughly the same area... I had assumed it was unique to my tablet, but that's obviously not the case. The bundled sketch problem seems to register stylus movement on this part of the tablet, but mypaint doesn't, except when I use a good deal of force.

it registers when you use fingers also...try it.

Originally Posted by drpill View Post
Interesting... I have a dead spot while using mypaint, in roughly the same area... I had assumed it was unique to my tablet, but that's obviously not the case. The bundled sketch problem seems to register stylus movement on this part of the tablet, but mypaint doesn't, except when I use a good deal of force.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Is one (or are some) of the default brushes already set up as an eraser?

I realize that changing the color to white will enable me to cover over or remove something I don't want. But there are already a lot of default brushes that have been built. I'd rather not have to define my own hard-edged white-color-default brush for erasing if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Roger

Originally Posted by RogerS View Post
Is one (or are some) of the default brushes already set up as an eraser?

Roger
Nah, but you can save a brush with size and color properties by going into the menu and going to Brush > Brushkeys > Save #. Then you can restore it at any time.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
So, is there any hope for the dead-spot problem? I really want mypaint on the tablet, and it is not usable until there's some kind of pressure-amplifier or something. Even just having a config file that lets me add a fixed number to the pressure values would be a great start...

I wonder if it is a rounding error in Mypaint? Maybe the pressure value is 0.004 and it is getting rounded to 0.00?

a config file of a working mypaint would be nice.
but i don't think mypaint has a config file.
if it does can someone provide por favor...

Originally Posted by qole View Post
So, is there any hope for the dead-spot problem? I really want mypaint on the tablet, and it is not usable until there's some kind of pressure-amplifier or something. Even just having a config file that lets me add a fixed number to the pressure values would be a great start...

I wonder if it is a rounding error in Mypaint? Maybe the pressure value is 0.004 and it is getting rounded to 0.00?

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ San Franicsco
wow, this program is great. Way cool use of a NIT. I have a question and i don't think i quite seen it here. When i'm painting, if i move to draw in a different location the program will fill in the line between the last two points of my stylus. Is this a glitch or is there a way to stop it? anyone else experiencing it?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, I'm starting to think this is a low-level thing. I ran mtpaint in Debian, and I'm getting identical, really low values for pressure. The same spots are "dead" too. Interestingly, I'm also getting negative values for X and Y coordinates! This suggests that Hildonized programs have some sort of workaround for the weird numbers the touchscreen returns.

Both Gimp and MTPaint have a tablet device configure page that allows you to select the X, Y and Z coordinates, but that's it. No way to calibrate the tablet or adjust the numbers.

There must be some way to configure this. I'm trying to find the configuration files, anyone have any ideas? Is there an Xomap config file like xorg.conf? Does anyone know of a standard Linux tablet calibration program?