Poll: Are you interested in Mer Project forums?
Poll Options
Are you interested in Mer Project forums?

I am willing to buy, host, and manage a domain running forum software, with the topic being Mer/Nemo. The Mer project DESPERATLY needs forums, and I will do it. I am posting this thread to gauge interest. I will need help admining and managing the forums (nothing major, no pay) with somebody who has a lot of experience with Mer. I like Mer and everything, but don't know much about it TBH. The forums are NOT supposed to be a competitor to TMO, in fact I will link to TMO on the forums. I just want this to be about Mer/Nemo/(maybe sailfish)/cordia, etc. And TMO will be about devices, maemo, and Harmattan. So, are you guys interested?

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Voted

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I'd be for this kind of separate forums only if there was some kind of aggregator showing new topics from both TMO and Mer forums (I don't think I would visit two separate sites for similar topics every day).
I appreciate the effort, though, thanks!

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
LOL...let someone from jolla support them.. it's the least they can do right?

You have to ask why Mer/nemo doesn't have a forum.. i'm guessing they're all IRC freaks lol

Ask someone on Mer/nemo

I would check it our now and then.. I've never used it.

Okay guys, thanks. It should be the least Jolla could do, but hell, they can't even release their damn OS they used on their N950 for us. Sure, I will put in a aggregator, but I can't guarantee TMO will.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Cab we have an option "Yes, and I will troll often"?

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Lololol
No.

:P

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by byteninja2 View Post
I am willing to buy, host, and manage a domain running forum software, with the topic being Mer/Nemo. The Mer project DESPERATLY needs forums, and I will do it. I am posting this thread to gauge interest. I will need help admining and managing the forums (nothing major, no pay) with somebody who has a lot of experience with Mer. I like Mer and everything, but don't know much about it TBH. The forums are NOT supposed to be a competitor to TMO, in fact I will link to TMO on the forums. I just want this to be about Mer/Nemo/(maybe sailfish)/cordia, etc. And TMO will be about devices, maemo, and Harmattan. So, are you guys interested?
This has been discussed before and I actually did setup a alpha forum. But people here dished it and said better continue use subforum at TMO. Actually they has some valid points.

I personally dont like this forum because of all damn trolling but also because site is not mobile friendly but atm., it seems be best alternative. As Jalyst said in another thread: its not only about the forum itself.

I Personally think it would be nice to have some generic "moderated" wiki too etc... atm. the wiki at mer project is crosslinked to dead meego wiki and has some outdated info and also confusing info about platfromSDK, OBS and so on. Some kind of "where to start" would be nice...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Cab we have an option "Yes, and I will troll often"?
Actually a new forum should have no trolls. If we start a new forum it should be a forum about developing, problems, solving of problems and innovation. Trolls and stupid post should be removed ASAP.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
My question is this: Why do you need a new forum to discuss MER? If you can't discuss it here a new forum won't help you...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-09-12 at 21:10.