I haven't seen this post. But I have also started a thread and a brainstorm about documentation. The last solution was more or less this proposal...

Please take a look:

http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ion_framework/

I think that maemo 5 really needs some sort of documentation framework. Maybe a community-driven one can work fine.

Dear all!

As I am one of those "impossible freak" who didn't used linux from born. But I am interested in this ome years ago. Unfortunatelly I have to work with other o.s. So usually if i have an issue just type man ... then /to search and q. Now I bought this n900 good to learn while traveling... No man pages avaiable at first bullet

I have tried info as well which is bigger and deeper stuff but also have a worse performance... it's missing. when i try to install phone tell me it cannot be installed but sources found... I won't install easy debian again it usually kill my battery. Isn't possibke to make ur knowladge base help files but also build us a manpages package i prefer console better than X.

I think if someone want to fill his rootfs make him able to do with more packages from standard gpl gnu stuffs. I also missing many many useful stuffs for example w3m hey I have mobilinter and limited. if you don't give us man to read then give w3m!!!

thx
Szilveszter

Hi,
We can implement the open source Darwin Information Type Architecture open toolkit (DITA OTK). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_...g_Architecture for more information.
This is a JAVA-based, ANT script based tool. It has a standard set of DTDs where you can write all the content (task/concept/reference) in XML format and assemble them into a ditamap/bookmap and create multiple output formats like PDF, HTML help, CHM, JAVA help, and eclipse help. Let me know if we need to get this started.
Thanks,
Ravi

Tags
applications, documentation, support, wiki