Originally Posted by xomm View Post
And that's on the N800? or N810?
I believe it works for both, and I *believe* it should bring up the touch screen keyboard on the N800.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
firefox mobile, also known as fennec, i take it?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Somewhere out West
Originally Posted by tso View Post
http://people.mozilla.org/~vladimir/fennec.install It is the install for Fennec mobile and Minefield desktop (early build) for N900/N800 You get two for the price of one. This is the Firefox browser I like best.

Last edited by Caballero; 2010-06-12 at 20:02.

I like microb with pagedown and pageup enabled on the d-pad

Originally Posted by tso View Post
Yes. I use the nightly builds... currently 2.0 beta.

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
I've used MicroB, Fennec, Tear, Midori and now Opera.

My fav of those is Opera hands down. That's all I've been using on my N810 recently. Yeah, no flash, but I'm not concerned with it. Opera basically makes the mobile versions of sites have presidence which I like since it loads the pages faster and works nicely for me. I will use MicroB if needed, but Opera is good for me if I'm looking up information only on the internet, which is what I like doing.

As for Operas Turbo function, it doesn't speed up the browser, but speeds up the load times of pages, like someone else said.

Opera is my favorite, but thats personal preference. To the OP, grab a browser you really like and enjoy it.

Jesse~

Last edited by jperez2009; 2010-06-17 at 03:49.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
sadly i want to like opera, but its mismanagement of zoom drives me crazy. I set it to 100% and still it wants to zoom in, even tho a slightly larger font and a glance at the layout would clearly indicate that the page can be reflowed to fit on the N800 screen without any need for zoom. Microb can pull it off, tear likewise, but opera insists on zoom.

this behavior may work out ok on a primarily portrait device, but on my N800 its simply annoying. added to that a sticky scrolling that cant make up its mind if i am browsing something with staggered comments to display threads.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Opera is nice, I like the double tap to zoom and the smoothness of the UI. Tear I feel still has the best load times though, but the Opera experience is so much better that it makes up for it.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
tso, I agree that the zoom feature needs work, but remember, it is still in alpha. Improvements can help to fix that, hopefully in the near future. Scrolling I don't find too bad, but then again, it was the same for me using tap-and-drag in MicroB.

Still though, my sole opinion is that I think Opera is nice and that's coming from someone who tried the Desktop version and didn't like it. If they had Chrome or Chromium for the N8x0, I'd be using that instead. I've already replaced Firefox on my laptop with Chrome and I have no quips with it as the minimalistic design is just what I need. If I need any plugins or extra features, Firefox is still there and I can just fire it up at any time.

I guess that's the great thing about choice, even for our NIT's, is that we have a choice. Don't like one, use another or use one that you sort-of like until the one you really like is developed more into what you'd like it to be (if the case is you don't have the code to do it yourself).

Just a thought

Jesse~

what ever happened to digia @web?