Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Taxes on them. If it's classified as a computer it's not taxed though. Which is partially the reason why Sony advertised the PS3 as a PC as well (you can install Linux on it, even though it has almost zero access to the locked down PS3 hardware!), so they could avoid the taxes on them.
If your computer book comes with a CD/DVD of examples, it's taxed.

If the same book comes without a CD/DVD, it isn't taxed. It's all down to the extra CD/DVD, even though it's only mimicking what's in the book (in theory). I'd be curious to know the theory behind the tax.

That just doesn't make sense to me, but, then again, neither does the outrageous $CAN for the iGo at other Canadian sites... .

Still haven't received it yet :-P

UPDATE: Picked up today from the post office (guess, technically, it arrived at my place yesterday but I wasn't home).

A bit of a gulp when, as usual, the CD stuff was exclusively either for PCs or Palms or... . As usual, came to the forum, searched for 'igo pair n800' and, voila! Easy-ish directions.

Took me about 8 tries but it finally paired properly. I tried it out with Abiword and it was doing weird things (like typing a letter, bluing it out and basically erasing itself). I'm too tired right now to figure out why it's doing that. I sent myself a short email typed on the iGo in google and that worked well.

I also got my two 4GB SDs for $$66.12 (shipping included) so now I'm waiting for my Proporta from the UK and... damned... I'm looking at that preeeeeety Wheatley flybox with foam for $20US that fits the N800 like a glove once you futz a bit with the foam.

I figure just reading these forums have cost me about $200, not counting the Wheatley flybox

Last edited by Betty Woo; 2008-02-14 at 02:19.