I'm getting a new phone -- the nokia N900 and the main draw back is its resistive touch screen, I've seen the ones in the N97 and they were bad, they weren't as responsive as I would like them to be..
So, what do you think about the n900s' resistive touch screen? can they act decently enough to warrent a purchase or are they all as shitty?

Oh and also: When is the Arabic keyboard coming out? (though I never type in arabic) I know you can install an app for an on screen keyboard but I would only buy one with arabic alphabit for the resale value.

thanks.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by trohax View Post
I'm getting a new phone -- the nokia N900 and the main draw back is its resistive touch screen, I've seen the ones in the N97 and they were bad, they weren't as responsive as I would like them to be..
So, what do you think about the n900s' resistive touch screen? can they act decently enough to warrent a purchase or are they all as shitty?
I think it's great - accurate and responsive.

And actually, I see it being resistive as advantage, not a draw back (have you tried using stylus with a capacitive screen?...).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
I think it's great - accurate and responsive.

And actually, I see it being resistive as advantage, not a draw back (have you tried using stylus with a capacitive screen?...).
or in freezing weather wearing gloves with a capactivie screen?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mcdull For This Useful Post:
yeah i have to agree the touchscreen amazes me on the n900 it is so responsive .... and you didn't even need to apply as much pressure as other touchscreen phone.

sometimes i forget it is a resistive screen, and i have an iphone as well...its just that good.

Originally Posted by trohax View Post
I think it's great I don't know why resistive screens get knocked so much. I often fine my self scrolling down a web page with my finger nail and I like using the stylus, it's very presise when selecting a small web link and the whole iphone pinich to zoom; now that's a two handed affair, tap to zoom - one handed.

its so good 5that i hate my screen on the ipod touch 2g

Personally, my only issue is with 'swiping' (scrolling, moving the finger across the screen). If you use your nail, its fine, its pretty good... but if you don't use your nail its not that great..

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I wouldn't have bought a device with a capacitive screen. I find them very hard to use with nails, stylus, end of a teaspoon... I find the screen responsiveness just fine. In fact, if you look around you'll find people complaining it's too responsive - for example when the phone rings in your pocket or the alarm goes off on the bed side, and you've touched something you didn't mean to.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I wouldn't have bought a device with a capacitive screen. I find them very hard to use with nails, stylus, end of a teaspoon... I find the screen responsiveness just fine. In fact, if you look around you'll find people complaining it's too responsive - for example when the phone rings in your pocket or the alarm goes off on the bed side, and you've touched something you didn't mean to.
Isn't there a lock switch for the touch screen? like on the ipod touch?