Posts: 112 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Please help me guys!! I installed the libqt4-core package thing, found from this topic here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...370#post654370

I restarted my phone and now it's bricked!! It just keeps showing the Nokia logo with the 5 grey dots over and over again, it keeps looping through this, and i can never get to the desktop at all!!

So i tried to use the Maemo Flasher 3.5 but the thing is, when i plug in the usb cable to connect my N900 to my PC, it doesn't download the Nokia drivers, i already have Nokia PC Suite, Nokia OVI Suite and Nokia Software Updater installed, but i still can't get it detected, therefore can't even flash it!!

I removed all 3 programs and reinstalled them and it still doesn't work, i tried to update the drivers through Device Manager but it doesn't work either! Someone plz help me!

EDIT:

If i hold down the key 'U' on the keyboard and pluging the usb, then i can see the Nokia logo which is dimmed in the background, and i can see the usb icon on the top right of the screen. Also, i can still use mass storage mode, i.e i can still access the internal memory by connecting the N900 to my PC and access it from My Computer, but the drivers that needed to be installed in order to flash the phone, are not downloading......it just fails everytime.....

Last edited by chaoscreater; 2010-05-25 at 00:19.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Did you notice this bit in the post you referenced?

"MORE IMPORTANT:
I don't recommend non-developers to do this."

The solutions to your problems have been provided in numerous posts. Use the power search Luke.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Well you certainly gave yourself the right name haha you joined this forum yesterday and today you create mayhem with your 900.... says it all really lol

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Which windows are you using?
XP -32bits (recommended)

Start - Download Flasher 3.5, install it and download images from Nokia site. Put those images into the c:/Program Files/maemo/flasher 3.5/

Take the battery out for 15Seconds, holding the power button while the battery is out.
Put the battery back in, Press hold "U" then plug the USB
Start the CMD from RUN, Follow the instruction from WIKI..

First - Format/flash your eMMC with Vanilla Image, Run the command from Wiki with the correct name of image
Second - Reflashing with the latest OS image, Run the command from Wiki with the correct name of image, Case sensitive.

Ignoring the driver not found part, and click Enter.
Wait ........ then it should detect

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Which windows are you using?
XP -32bits (recommended)

Start - Download Flasher 3.5, install it and download images from Nokia site. Put those images into the c:/Program Files/maemo/flasher 3.5/

Take the battery out for 15Seconds, holding the power button while the battery is out.
Put the battery back in, Press hold "U" then plug the USB
Start the CMD from RUN, Follow the instruction from WIKI..

First - Format/flash your eMMC with Vanilla Image, Run the command from Wiki with the correct name of image
Second - Reflashing with the latest OS image, Run the command from Wiki with the correct name of image, Case sensitive.

Ignoring the driver not found part, and click Enter.
Wait ........ then it should detect
im a bit confused.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_your_device

Originally Posted by hellnick View Post
Did you notice this bit in the post you referenced?

"MORE IMPORTANT:
I don't recommend non-developers to do this."

The solutions to your problems have been provided in numerous posts. Use the power search Luke.
Well I had to install it in order to install certain apps that required libqt4-core package/sdk, such as the pyrocall or healthcheck etc......anyway I already did it so that's why i'm trying to get this fixed.

For the power search, i assume it's the link in your signature? Well I already tried that, that's why i provided links and explained what i did in my first post, to show you that i did do a search and found the solutions i could already, and it still wouldn't work. I don't even think you read my post properly?? I can't re-flash the phone at all without having the PC recognizing the "Nokia USB ROM" driver and download it.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by chaoscreater View Post
Well I had to install it in order to install certain apps that required libqt4-core package/sdk, such as the pyrocall or healthcheck etc......anyway I already did it so that's why i'm trying to get this fixed.

For the power search, i assume it's the link in your signature? Well I already tried that, that's why i provided links and explained what i did in my first post, to show you that i did do a search and found the solutions i could already, and it still wouldn't work. I don't even think you read my post properly?? I can't re-flash the phone at all without having the PC recognizing the "Nokia USB ROM" driver and download it.
I read your post, it's the same as a hundred others "OMG I BRICKED my PHONE!!!!" HELP!!!!! etc

If you had searched and read even a couple of the many, many posts of this nature then you would have simply read how to flash your device and done it without creating an embarassingly dramatic thread like this one.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Donwload install drivers? What drivers? I have flashed N900 on my win xp sp3 32-bit with that guide. Just boot up with u-key and usb cable and run flasher from command line.

Originally Posted by hellnick View Post
I read your post, it's the same as a hundred others "OMG I BRICKED my PHONE!!!!" HELP!!!!! etc

If you had searched and read even a couple of the many, many posts of this nature then you would have simply read how to flash your device and done it without creating an embarassingly dramatic thread like this one.
Ok look, I've already stated the steps i've done in my first post, and those steps are the same thing from the other posts, in fact i'll post the link to the guide that i'm using:

http://www.maemofanatics.com/how-to-...ur-nokia-n900/

that is the same for pretty much every other posts and instructions there are, i've searched for over an hour on "Maemo.org" and all find the same solutions. I KNOW what to do, I just have to let the flasher detect my device and i just run the command and that's it, the problem is (which is what i've been saying over and over again), the flasher WON'T detect my device.

Now, you on the other hand kept giving me useless comments telling me to go and search and read for other topics, while i told you i already have. I keep telling you that it doesn't work for me, and you keep trolling this topic giving no help whatsoever. If you don't wanna help, then GTFO, don't try to make things worse for others as i can tell this is probably what you like to do on forums??

If you want to troll, at least provide some links to the other topics you've read, so as to proof that you do know what you're talking about. Because i can assure you, i've read at least 5 of them on here and like i said, they don't work for me.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Donwload install drivers? What drivers? I have flashed N900 on my win xp sp3 32-bit with that guide. Just boot up with u-key and usb cable and run flasher from command line.
When you plugin the Nokia N900 while pressing the "U" key on the keyboard, your PC will detect it and automatically install some drivers. One of which is called the "Nokia USB Rom". In order for the Maemo Flasher 3.5 to detect the N900, the drivers will have to be installed, the problem is my PC just doesn't install it, it doesn't download the drivers and installation just fails. Therefore, i can't get the flasher to detect my phone and therefore can't flash it.

I've already Googled on the Nokia USB Rom problem as well as searching Maemo.org, and found no solutions.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by chaoscreater View Post
Ok look, I've already stated the steps i've done in my first post, and those steps are the same thing from the other posts, in fact i'll post the link to the guide that i'm using:

http://www.maemofanatics.com/how-to-...ur-nokia-n900/

that is the same for pretty much every other posts and instructions there are, i've searched for over an hour on "Maemo.org" and all find the same solutions. I KNOW what to do, I just have to let the flasher detect my device and i just run the command and that's it, the problem is (which is what i've been saying over and over again), the flasher WON'T detect my device.

Now, you on the other hand kept giving me useless comments telling me to go and search and read for other topics, while i told you i already have. I keep telling you that it doesn't work for me, and you keep trolling this topic giving no help whatsoever. If you don't wanna help, then GTFO, don't try to make things worse for others as i can tell this is probably what you like to do on forums??

If you want to troll, at least provide some links to the other topics you've read, so as to proof that you do know what you're talking about. Because i can assure you, i've read at least 5 of them on here and like i said, they don't work for me.

When you plugin the Nokia N900 while pressing the "U" key on the keyboard, your PC will detect it and automatically install some drivers. One of which is called the "Nokia USB Rom". In order for the Maemo Flasher 3.5 to detect the N900, the drivers will have to be installed, the problem is my PC just doesn't install it, it doesn't download the drivers and installation just fails. Therefore, i can't get the flasher to detect my phone and therefore can't flash it.

I've already Googled on the Nokia USB Rom problem as well as searching Maemo.org, and found no solutions.
You are beggining to sound like a troll i have never read so much rubbish.